• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Key West Billeting

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Your guys' experience with the Annex seems to be much different than mine. I've only stayed at Fly Navy once and it was more of a conventional hotel room (nice). All the other times I've been down there, I've had to stay at the Annex. The rooms we were put in were newly renovated, but built like BEQ suites for very junior enlisted. There were two bedrooms, each bedroom had two single beds and a TV. The two bedrooms shared a common area (no TV) and a shared bathroom. There might have been a sink and a hot plate, too, but I can't remember. As an O, I never had to share the mini-bedrooms, but my student would always be sharing the common area with me, which is obviously not a big deal.

If I had to spend more than a night or two at Key West, I'd prefer Fly Navy, especially if I had wheels.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
If I had to spend more than a night or two at Key West, I'd prefer Fly Navy, especially if I had wheels.

I assume you mean bicycle wheels, because Naval Aviators with the ability to operate heavy machinery after dark in Key West are exceptionally rare animals.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I assume you mean bicycle wheels, because Naval Aviators with the ability to operate heavy machinery after dark in Key West are exceptionally rare animals.

I'd say any wheels you have the means to exploit. My last trip there, I had an O-5 with a car to exploit. Coincidentally, that was also the one time I actually stayed at the Fly Navy.