• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Key Bridge - Baltimore

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What timeline would you consider efficient?
Honestly - no idea. I was posting this tongue-in-cheek because early on in this thread there was a comment on what would happen once the various agency bureaucracies started to weigh in.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
It took NTSB 15 months to complete an investigation for a fatal civilian helicopter crash here on Kauai where the primary causal factors were evident within 72 hours. Shit takes time, Gov't agencies are understaffed and overworked.
Yeah, my only frame of reference is military mishap and JAG reports. Even though the NTSB probably has a good idea what happened right now, I'm sure it will take time, especially dealing with harbor infrastructure and operating procedures. A civilian tour helo going down is peanuts compared to this.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read in a Baltimore Sun article where they estimated it could take between 2-15 years to rebuild. Let’s hope it’s on the shorter end of that estimate.

The bridge, sure. They might be able to accelerate it a bit but bridges don't really go up overnight, even ones back in the day. Clearing the wreckage so the harbor can be operational again? A lot quicker, I wouldn't be surprised if they could start getting ships in and out in a month or two. Fully operational will probably take a bit longer, but not 2-15 years.