• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kaneohe runway too short for P-8A?

KBayDog

Hell yeah! Close the runway (except for OSA aircraft, perhaps) and bring KBay back to it's mid/late-90s glory of Shitter Lites, and nothing else. Before Barber's closed and P-3s moved over, it was awesome just driving across the runway (with no gate guards, barricades, etc...just the FOD shakers) to go surfing by the lighthouse.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Note the source: the NASWI lobby . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"Commissioner" Angie Homola ... :censored_ ... what follows is one person's $20 of opinion-worth:

scaryi.jpg

.... She is the LEAST qualified person to ever hold the political office of county commissioner in the history of Island County, WA (a.k.a. NAS Whidbey). She is a hard-core, dedicated, "never met a tax she didn't like", tree-hugging lefty extraordinaire, and an all-around nasty woman, to boot. She got elected ONLY because it was a "Democrat year" when she ran against and barely beat a 3-term Republican incumbent. That was in 2008 -- again, another year, another time, and she would not have made it. All the good Commissioner Homola knows is taxes, more taxes, left-wing agenda(s), and how can we protect the island from the mean, greedy developers ???

She has ZERO credibility amongst the sane, working people of Island County, WA. Many people who voted for her publicly state that they won't "do it again". She didn't want the new, ostensibly "louder" EA-18 at Whidbey -- because, as she's stated -- it's too "loud" and it will affect the tranquil island lifestyle -- and it will be bad for the children if allowed to be based at NAS Whidbey (I kid you not; she actually said "the children"). Her preference was/is for the follow-on to the P-3. Her husband (former P-3 pilot) is equally unqualified to comment on anything in spite of his status as a former furloughed airline pilot and a current, non-flying, NAVAIRRES staff bum.

I could get into specifics and personalities that would make your eyes get big, but I don't think it would move the discussion forward -- so with regard to Homola, let's just say "it ain't pretty" ...

Read it & weep:

Island County commissioner candidate was discipline problem as county worker

Her contrived bleating to 'save' the P-8 for NUW is a blatant attempt to shore up her shaky political base for the upcoming 2012 election. Nothing more ... nothing less.

Flugelman

Contributor
I could get into specifics and personalities that would make your eyes get big, but I don't think it would move the discussion forward -- so with regard to Homola, let's just say "it ain't pretty" ...

Read it & weep:

Island County commissioner candidate was discipline problem as county worker

This is a blatant attempt to shore up her shaky political base for the upcoming 2012 election. Nothing more ... nothing less.

Linky no workee. Fixed it fer ya.:icon_tong

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
why dosen't she just move down to Clinton or Langly with all the other wonderful enlightened human beings?

IRfly

None
<shrug> She's just doing what politicians do--trying to bring home the pork. Probably got a lot of P-3 guys worried, though .Let's see, would I rather do a tour in Hawaii or Whidbey? Hmmmmm...?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
<shrug> She's just doing what politicians do--trying to bring home the pork. Probably got a lot of P-3 guys worried, though .Let's see, would I rather do a tour in Hawaii or Whidbey? Hmmmmm...?

And Whidbey's RWY is mere hundreds of feet longer - Please.

Brett

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
"That runway (at Kaneohe Bay) does not facilitate a fully loaded (P-3), so the P-3 either has to truncate its mission or go to Hickam (Air Force Base) to fill up," she said by phone. "So a P-8A would have the same problem. However, a P-8A can refuel in the air, so, either we have to use another aircraft to fill it in the air, or it's going to have to hop over to Hickam and fill up there."

Weird. I did a 139 KLBS T/O from KBay @ 6 months ago. No stop at Hickam required.

Maybe she has a newer NATOPS than I do?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Growler louder than a Prowler eh? Both were bouncing in our FCLP pattern about a month back, and you could have fooled me. Do you Prowler guys walk the throttles or just use the saw method on both motors simultaneously, because it is the weirdest sounding jet in the groove that I have ever heard