• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just got back from the recruiter/some q's..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamS

Hey guys, just got back from the recruiter here in MD. I had a good time, the guy was very nice and helpful and encouraging. I am taking the ASTB on August 7th, no point waiting too much longer, since I have been preparing for a couple weeks I guess.

I really only have one question. My recruiter said that as far as he knew there were still FY '03 slots open. I dontk now if he just had someone accepted, but he told me I could possibly expect a summer '03 spot if I got accepted at the end of the month. Does anyone know if this is true or if he is simply misinformed?
Also, I have asked a bunch, but feel free to offer any last ASTB tips you have :)

Hartman

Adam, it's hard to say, but the general consensus here is that FY03 slots are really tight. Some people will tell you that there are NO MORE FY03 slots left. I really don't know, but I can tell you that my app. was accepted 3 weeks ago after I had heard similar stories. Don't get too discouraged. The CNRC does funny things sometimes and doesn't necessarily tell anyone why. Maybe FY03 slots are gone, but sometimes people get NPQ'd during their NOMI physical, get in a car accident, or whatever. There's enough uncertainty in the process to warrant your trying. If you think it's something you want to do, then give it your all. If the Navy doesn't work out, then build up some flight hours and try AF.

edato

I heard the same thing about there not being any '03 spots left, but we'll see what happens, I guess I could wait a year until '04 slots come around. You're lucky you can talk to a recruiter face-to-face, I live in ND and mine is in Nebraska, literally 600 miles away. About the ASTB, I took it a few weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. I'm pretty good with math, but even I had a hard time finishing. Be sure to budget your time, don't sit for too long on any questions if you don't know them. Hopefully you've been studying the Marines ASTB guide, if not email me for it.

Andrew.Paris@ndsu.nodak.edu

P.S. Any North Dakota recruits reading this drop me a line!

ryan77

I believe Hartman is on the money. There very well might be a few SNA/SNFO slots available (or will become available) for highly qualified candidates but you probably need a really good GPA, a technical degree, and flying experience.

Of course, part of the FY04 slots convene in 2003. I'm FY03 but don't go until Sept 03. So people with an FY04 OCS date in Oct 03 aren't far off me at all.

AdamS

Well I am definately applying, I am just going to do as well as I can. I dont care when my spot opens as long as I get one :)

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Adams,
Just get a bottle of red wine, the USMC study guide and the ARCO book and cram the night before.

edato,
I know how you feel. I'm in Frankfurt, Germany and my recruiter is in Boston. I think it's like 4 or 5 thousand miles away.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

megrey06

Kingsville
Adam,
Can you give me a name and phone # for the recruiter that you spoke with? I would like to speak with him/her regarding my app.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

ps. you can email me the info if you don't want to post it all over the net...matthewgrey@msn.com

JTP

Megrey...your in ATL, right? I think you sent me an E-mail not too long ago. It was accidentally deleted.
What has Cheif Parrish or Raines been telling you lately? I'm planning on sending my package in in about 2 weeks.
Do you fish, or better yet Fly Fish>? If so we ought to go wet some hooks and compare notes.

YEAH COME ON!!

megrey06

Kingsville
JTP,
Yeah, I'm in Atlanta and working with both the Navy and USMC on a pilot package. Well really just the Marine Corps right now, because my package was turned down for aviator back in early July. Chief Raines told me that with the newest info, I really needed a technical major with a higher GPA. Everything else was fine. She actually told me that one of her other applicants was accepted with lower ASTB scores and a lower PRT score, but he had an engineering degree and like 3.3 or something. Anyway, I'm pursuing every available option right now and hope that something will turn up.

Send me an email and we can grab a drink one afternoon after work. I live right off of I-85 so I can be most anywhere pretty easily.

-Matt

heiseycp

Hey Matt

I was wondering what your GPA is? I've run into a GPA concern myself. I only have a 3.0 but have this upcoming semester left to bring it up however I'm applying right now. I have the Aviation test coming up the first week of Sept. and then my PRT's the following week (given I pass). But I'm really getting discouraged with all this waiting around till 04 talk. I don't understand why pro NFL teams and Multi Million Dollar companies will trust me to work for them with a 3.0 and the Navy won't...doesn't make much sense to me?

Anyways thanks for the help/info...

If you wouldn't mind emailing me some of your scores and stuff I'd appreciate it...my email address is in my profile.

CPH

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I would think engineering of just about any kind, computer science, physics, chemistry... that sort of thing would be considered a technical degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.