• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Back from "Ground 0" WTC NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hi all,

I just got back into Gainesville, Fl from NYC. I left on Friday and headed north with a buddy of mine in the AF Gaurd. Everyone said we couldnt get in or help etc etc. However with my old EOD Cammies and my active duty ID card, I was at ground 0 at 0030 on Sat. FUBAR is the best way to desccribe it. Ny buddy and I searched in the basement of WTC 2 and the subway and tunnel systems. We did this all day Sat and Sunday. From Friday at 0600 until Sunday at 2330 we got about an hours sleep. I cant even begin to describe the scene. TV doesnt do it justice. TV only gies you one sense. You miss out on the smell, taste, feel and hearing aspects. I will scan in some pics and try to send them to the DS and JW so they can post them somewhere on this site if they want.

Best regards,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.