• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Another Useless Question..

tj_footballman

I know several people come on here and ask, "Do you think I could get into OCS?"

So sorry to be a bother, but it's my turn. :icon_mi_1

I'm going to be a senior this fall, have a 3.8 GPA, played football for 2 years (division 2), have had a great internship for the past 6 months, but my major is Finance. Do they look differently/negatively at business degrees? I definately could have went into the sciences/engineering, but I thought businees is what I would really enjoy. I know that I want to serve my country, as my father did, and that I want to earn my commission in the United State navy.

Again, sorry for the "useless" question, but any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
The Stats and Scores thread is a good way to compare your scores to others who were selected. People get in with underwater basketweaving majors so I wouldn't worry about that, and your GPA looks fine.

BENDER

pilot
I know several people come on here and ask, "Do you think I could get into OCS?"

So sorry to be a bother, but it's my turn. :icon_mi_1

I'm going to be a senior this fall, have a 3.8 GPA, played football for 2 years (division 2), have had a great internship for the past 6 months, but my major is Finance. Do they look differently/negatively at business degrees? I definately could have went into the sciences/engineering, but I thought businees is what I would really enjoy. I know that I want to serve my country, as my father did, and that I want to earn my commission in the United State navy.

Again, sorry for the "useless" question, but any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

:sleep_125

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Your GPA is outstanding. I got my pro-rec for BDCP SNA with a Political Science major so I'm sure you'll be fine assuming you do well on the ASTB.

Other than that, use the "search" tool because this kind of question has been answered a ton before. You're not alone in asking an old question again; many of us here are guilty of that.

They do look more favorably on technical/science majors, but it's not that important.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
TJ, as the others have said, search around the site for a while (button in the upper right toolbar), but what it looks like you need to do from here is get in touch with an OFFICER Recruiter. You'll need to take the ASTB. Search for that. There's a ton of good study info on this site specifically for the test.

Your GPA looks great. Choice of major isn't too terribly important.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Dang, boy!! What are you waiting for? The selection board does not frequent this site, that I know of.

You can't catch a fish without a line in the water. Fish or cut bait. Crap or get off the pot. Bust a move!

It doesn't matter what we think. Believe me, there are people on this board that would never have made it had we any real say as a group.

Go to an officer recruiter and get your package in.

Are you still here? GO!

Steve

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Outstanding stats!

I think you "definately" have a good shot!

But in all seriousness, great GPA. And don't worry about your degree; people study all sorts of stuff and get accepted. I studied business in school too.

tj_footballman

I am still doing reasearch and contemplating which path I feel would be the best for me...

I'm thinking Surface Warfare or Supply...