• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just a quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog31

I was woundering, why is it that every marine I talk to even the ones that aren't in the service right now so proud to be a marine? The marines have a special bond with each other something that the other branches don't have. This is one of the reasons why I decided to become a marine. To me it seems they would die before they let another marine down. With a bond like that who wouldn't want to go into the marines. I respect the other branches, but I highly respect the marines because they go through a lot of shit to be called a marine.
I have one more question, I really want to fly a fighter jets maybe even helo's, but I was told I should have another back up plan just to be sure, so I was woundering if the marines have some type of investgation unit for officers or do that fall under MP's. Can anyone fill me in on that please. It's weird because I want to fly, but I think my talent is in law enforcement.
Oh and just to give you a little profile on me I'm a 21 year old freshman in college and about to enroll into PLC in January so really any kind of info. will be nice.
thanks and I guess that was my quick question.
Deric Hilliard

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Deric,
I think you answered your own question regarding Marine pride. To answer your second question, if you fail out of flight school, your chances are slim to get into the MP's. It is a very coveted occupation and very few billets are assigned from The Basic School. You will find yourself in less appealing occupations such as Motor T, Supply, Admin. All crucial billets but just less glamorous. Once your an aviator, you will have time for nothing else but you can go to safety school to learn to be a accident investigator. It's not law enforcement but it is a fantastic school. If you do fail out of flight school, consider putting in a package for law school. You will still stay Marine and the Corps will pay for school. I've seen that done and all parties were happy. By the way, good choice on PLC. Your pay once on active duty will reflect the day you sign your paperwork. You will be maxed out in pay as a second Lieutenat when your comissioned. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.