• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June OCS USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghish

I know this is a navy message board, but
I was wondering if there are any individuals
out there heading off to the June OCS in Quantico for USMC.

O-man

Ya- I'll be there- all ten weeks right? Not PLC. I'll be there and so will a few of my biddies from my present platoon. Semper Fi- lcpl O-man

Ghish

I know this is probably a really bad question, but I was wondering if you or any knows what the weather is like in June-August in Quantico, VA. I have never been there and I was wondering what to expect?

O-man

I think were online at the same time. ITs hot as hell man- and the least of your wories to say the least.

Ghish

I agree its the least of my worries, but I feel I should have all pertinent data available before heading off.

Gator

I spent some time at Quantico and it's definitely hot during the summer months. However, it's normally not that bad at night, so when you get up at zero dark thirty it's not too bad.

Casey Coop

I too am attending USMC OCS this June and cant wait! I have a quick question though. My current vision is 20/25 in one eye and 20/30 in the other. I went to JAX NAS for my flight physical and the eye doctor there said that after I accept my commision, I will be able to be a SNA as long as my vision is 20/30. However, the recruiter said that my pilot slot is dependant on mt vision after TBS. Does anyone know the real answer?

O-man

I would go with the Doc's- but I dont really know. I assume that you Dont have an aviation contract, right? try to get one. I have no idea what the eye situation is really like as its not an issue with me, but a contract will give you a slot in P-cola no matter what.
See you down there- Semper Fi, LCpl O-man

Casey Coop

I signed the Aviation guarantee. Is that the same as the aviation contract that you were refering to?

Thanks again

O-man

Yes- I think so. So if you pasted the flight doc... then you should be golden-one would think. I dont know.

Ghish

I believe 20/30 is passing for helos. So you do qualify to get a flight slot. I am not sure if you will be able to get fixed-wing, I think that requirement is still 20/20. Hope this helps.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You better check that NOMI web site because the Marine Corps physical requirements have been different then the Navy's specifically dealing with eyes. The Corps has always been 20/20 for SNA's unless they changed it recently, which I doubt. Ask your OSO to show you the order about physical requirements in writing and make a copy and keep it with you. The last place you want to find out about the Corps standards is at TBS when you fail the eye test. By that time all your buds would have selected their MOS's and you'll be left with Motor T, LAAD (stingers), Logistics or Admin. When dealing with the goverment, regardless of service, before you sign your name to anything, always, always cover your six. If you don't you may get your ass waxed! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.