• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JUNE API CLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfUSN

I just got my orders to the June 27 API class. Anyone else out there gonna be in P-cola in June???

basketball_125.gif

ENS Payne

One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
- Albert Einstein

Brodie143

Hey, congrats on the lat transfer. I also got a lat transfer to pilot on the last board. You are gonna be in Pcola for a while. We are somewhat backed up down here. The NFO pipeline is moving a little faster than the pilot pipeline. But you still have a wait. I have been here 5 weeks and it looks like I still have a 10 week wait. Who know's thought it could pick up soon. I saw you were asking for places to live. Perdido Key is where most of the NFO's live. Plenty of great places right on the beach. Not to badly priced if you can get some roommates. People are always looking and you can ask around the A-pool when you get here. Good luck.

LTJG Yargosz

solenita72

SWO Wife
Question for you....how long did you wait to put in you packet for lateral transfer? My husband is newly commissioned and is thinking about possibly doing it for crypto...he is a SWO right now and the detailer told him no chance of getting it before getting his SWO pin and completing his first tour. Any input would be great....

unfUSN

Sorry I haven't responded before now, but we are out to sea and busy right now.

Congrats on getting picked up yourself. What community are you coming from Brodie143? Perdido Key sounds like the winner to me... I remember it being a nicer pilace to live when I was in OCS. Are there apts out there,if so can you throw me some names, or homes mostly?

Sucks to hear that the pool is a long wait right now... well maybe I can enroll in UWF and finish my history degree? I am detaching here (Japan) in June and should be there by June 20th or so...

Solenita72, your husband, like most SWO's on my boat want to Lat out. It is true that he has to get hispin and finish at least a year of his first tour beorer he can apply. The tricky part is he has to apply and get picked up by the Lat board BEFORE he transfers to another command. Because once you transfer, even if you get picked up by the board, you owe that new command 1 year there.

I got LUCKY.. and my CO and Dept Head are letting me go without finishing up my pin or my year on board. I am a special case. Long story...

Take care
ENS Payne

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists
who chose reassurance over reality.
- Unknown

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
I have a question, if anyone would like to answer. At what point during OCS do they get their orders? My boyfriend will be waiting for API to start once he graduates from OCS in early April.

Go Navy

Brodie143

unfUSN,

I was a 1520 AMDO (Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer), and I was with VF-143. As for the wait, things have changed all of the suddne and nor there is a much shorter wait. Unfortunately they say the wait will go back to about 16 weeks this summer. Good time off for you. Enjoy it. Let me llo around and I wll find some stuff about Perdido. It is mostly Condos out there, but they are right on the beach and not to expensive with roommates.

Another guy in A-pool had the same idea about taking classes and they told him that since we are in a training command that tuition assistance was not allowed. Don't know why.

klray77

Originally posted by Brodie143
unfUSN,

I was a 1520 AMDO (Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer), and I was with VF-143.

Woohoo, a fellow Pukin' Dog. Well, it's been a few years since I was with them but I was an AT3 in the line shack when I was accepted for BOOST back in 1997. Needless to say it's been a long six years since then. But I just got word this week that I have been designated 1395!!! So it's all paying off. Unfortunately, that's all I know right now. Too early I guess for any orders or anything. Would be nice to know as my wife and I have a child on the way. Anyways, good to see a felloe Pukin' Dog.

Brodie143

Klray77

Good to see a fellow Pukin Dog as well. You will be happy to here that they have continued the fine traditions of being the best Fighter squadron around. They just won the 2002 Lantflt Battle "E". Let me know when you get down here. I will be able to give you a bunch of gouge. Take it easy.

LTJG Yargosz

switch

I just checked into API and they told me that it would be about a 16 week wait prior to classing up for API. when you check into API you will be put into a "Holding pool" and you will probably be given a stash job after attending BOLTC (Basic Officer Leadership Training Course) which runs about a week. You do your flight physical the first Wednesday that you check into API.

switch

I forgot to add that my orders say that I was supposed to start on 28 March, but they laughed at me when I checked in to API, and they said that I would probably start sometime in the summer.

klray77

Originally posted by Brodie143
Klray77

Good to see a fellow Pukin Dog as well. You will be happy to here that they have continued the fine traditions of being the best Fighter squadron around. They just won the 2002 Lantflt Battle "E". Let me know when you get down here. I will be able to give you a bunch of gouge. Take it easy.

LTJG Yargosz

Well, I am certainly gald to hear about the Battle "E". I was able to pick one of them up in 1996 but I understand they won one in 1998 too. I'm not sure. I'm not sure when I'll be heading to Pensacola. I'm still waiting on to hear if I've been accepted into the AE-IGEP program. That will send me to Dayton, OH for a year to get my masters in Aeronautical Engineering. I'll basically get to play with the Air Force for a year. Live in Air Force housing, use Air Force facilities. Gee whiz, I will be spoiled. Maybe it would be best if I didn't get accepted. LOL. I'll try to remember my Navy roots. If I get to P-cola anytime soon I'll definately look for you. Go Dogs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.