• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 05 OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Right here! I wanted January OCC and I am pissed I couldn't get my PFT together b/c I hear they are hurting for SNAs again but oh well what can ya do? I have heard June is the toughest time to apply b/c of PLC. Guess there is always Oct. 05 if need be.

Rosy

I am also applying for the OCS class 189 aviation. I have already taken the ASTB (form #3) and waiting for my scores. I am supposed to find out tomorrow so I'm pretty excited. I have already had a flight physical at Dyess and everything is good.
For now I am just training for the PFT and waiting for my scores.

Do ya'll know what the acceptance rate for aviation is? I know you mentioned it may be harder with PLC acceptance in the same time frame, but I have not heard from anyone who was accepted and what their scores were.

See ya'll good luck

barkadanyc

i heard that the occ 189 on june 5th is closed for ground applicants, anyone know any real good info, i do not think my source is correct

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
My OSO told me OCC 189 is cutting back on air contracts big time! He told me the class might be cancelled- something of that nature. He did not sound to postive with the situation. Again, always Oct 2005.

SFgirl

bcatcher5 said:
My OSO told me OCC 189 is cutting back on air contracts big time! He told me the class might be cancelled- something of that nature. He did not sound to postive with the situation. Again, always Oct 2005.

Anyone heard any more about this???

sublime259

considering its over 6 months away, i wouldnt beleive everything you hear. Then again, i'd like to know more about this too, because im applying PLC combined with air contract.

kevin

let me do the math....they're hurting for ground AND air applicants for occ188, but they are considering cancelling occ189....something doesnt quite add up there.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I have heard rumors of them cancelling a class since I was there for class 180. I have heard everyone from OSOs to message board users talk about how the next class was going to be cancelled, etc. Don't believe it until it happens. You can even search old posts here and find people talking about 183 being cancelled, it never happened.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
Im going on june 5th as an air guy.. I wouldnt worry about there not being any openings. If there was a potential problem that could be forseen at this time, my guys here in the office would surely inform me. From what they continuously tell me, I am good to go for june 5th.

NosniboR80

Yeah, I'm planning on going back in June. Was NPQed 3.5 weeks into OCC187 and recommended to come back - like they would turn anyone away that they could send to Iraq.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
bcatcher5 said:

This last summers June course was originally canceled (186), and then re opened, so you never know what will happen with them.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Whether a class is closed or not is dependent on the OSO, if he's made his mission or not, and the needs of the Marine Corps because things do change. If you "shop around" for an OSO you might get a different answer.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
166 was closed for all males for a while, my old OSA said that it had to do with not enough female candidates for one class, and they were going to cancell that one, In order to not get $hit from the media about equal opportunity (since females already have two classes a year compared to our 3) they were going to close one of the mens classes. Then they decided that was a bad idea, and reopened it. It wasn't "officially" cancelled for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.