• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JSF help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have to do a presentation on the JSF for my Naval Science class. Anyone know of some informative websites or books? I'm looking for all the info I can get, but it has to be credible. Thanks in advance. BEN

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Here is a little info.
LM got the contract. But

This link is a little outdated, but a good bit of the info is good.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/jsf.htm

This link has better info as it is strait from the Contractors web page.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/factsheets/product20.html

Good luck!

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Oh yeah, and ben. That info took about 1 min to find after 2 google searches. Probably would have been faster to do the search than to post the post.
banghead_125.gif

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did a Google search... I've got lots of info already. I just figured that there's gotta be at least a couple of people on the forum who know EXACTLY where I can find some up-to-date, detailed information. Especially some of the guys who are out in the fleet... firsthand info would be great. Thanks for the links though.

riley

The book, "Joint Strike Fighter: Boeing X-32 vs Lockheed Martin X-35" by Bill Sweetman is available at Amazon.com for about $11.

It details the original competition but was published before the SDD (System Design and Development) Contract award to Lockheed Martin Aeronautics company in October of 2001.

You might also want to try Lockheed's website at www.lmaeronautics.com

They have a general overview of the program - some still pics and a couple of videos for the different variants. There are also archives of press-releases about the program.

For more in-depth articles about different aspects of the program check out "Aerospace Daily" - they might have a subscription at your school's library. Aerospace Daily has an online subscription service - you can search there for "JSF" - and there will be a plethora of articles to choose from.

Like what was prevously mentioned - check out the NOVA video - it has good info on that.

kimphil

Couple of books I've seen at Barnes and Noble. Superfighters by Mel Williams and Lockheed Stealth by Bill Sweetman.

Status
Not open for further replies.