• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JSF competition documentary

ru838434

Great Vid! Obviously, I knew who won, but it was still entertaining to watch, even if I didn't get that 'Usual Suspects' or 'Sixth Sense' type of shocker at the end.

yodaears

pilot
The Boeing offering was UGLY and therefore it lost.

There's a lot of truth to that. With the exception of a couple aircraft, if it doesn't look right it won't fly right. The A-10, Nimrod, A-7, CH-46/47 I would argue are examples of exceptions to that rule.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Great video... +1 for posting. I didn't think i'd have the patience to watch all 2 hrs of it, but NOVA has always been awesome. Lot of blood sweat and tears put into those things. Anyone know what boeing did with their version?... Big paperweight?

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
That was a really spectacular presentation, I recommend it to everyone with two free hours. +1, maybe you don't even need two free hours I have class in 4 hours and 50 minutes and I could not tear myself away.

Rossi

For any Netflix members, this is available in the watch instantly section so you can watch without commercial interruption and from the comfort of your couch.

Great video... +1 for posting. I didn't think i'd have the patience to watch all 2 hrs of it, but NOVA has always been awesome. Lot of blood sweat and tears put into those things. Anyone know what boeing did with their version?... Big paperweight?

In 2005 the Boeing X-32A was transferred to the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, Ohio. Its condition had deteriorated due to sitting outside for several years following the end of the JSF competition. The X-32B was restored and is now on display at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station's Naval Air Museum in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Straight from Wikipedia.