• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JSF B vs C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by FrogFly
Originally posted by Rainman
. ... ..Pool and a pond. . .pond would be good for you.

Nice Caddyshack reference. Man, I love that movie.

Can I get a ruling here? It's a little harsh. CANNONBALL!

There is way too much fun happening on this thread. Yeah, when the CNO, SecNav, Commandant, and various aviation heads put together the Navy/Marine Corps 20 year carrier plan it called for the Marine Corps buying both B and C models to continue to complement carrier wings with Charlie models. woooooo hooooooo. This was a change from the original variant numbers that we're put together for the contract competitions .. actual numbers are expected when the Bravo gets to Pax River in 2005.

so I got THAT going for me

which is nice

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
You know I actually saw somewhere a debate about Manned aircraft versus UCAVs. It was pretty much decided in the end that Neither will replace the other because they both bring vital characteristics that the other just cant.

Now is this whats going to happen?? I dont know. Im not one of the decision makers here, thats why I think threads like this where people spount off what they believe is going to happen and then fight over it are pointless. So this will be the only time I post here.

Ta ta
and happy flaming, ladys :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please blakeness, give us opininated non-engineers a break. We need to BS *somewhere* where people might actually listen to what we have to say!
propeller_125.gif

I'm no aerospace engineer (tried it for a semester and a half though
eyebrows_125.gif
), but look at the other aircraft that have tried the lift-fan idea. Yak-38 and Yak-141 come to mind. Notice how neither is exactly burning up the export market at the moment.

If God isn't a Penn State fan, than why is the sky blue and white?

Status
Not open for further replies.