• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JOs vs Aquaflage (standing duty in NWU)

phrogpilot73

To those Marines who were around when USMC made the MARPAT change:

Was there ever a discussion about whether or not you would have the 8 point cover (as opposed to the Army's ball cap style)? The manner in which the sleeves were rolled? Bloused / unbloused boots?
No.
Yes.
No.

Only yes was they tested out zip off sleeves. Other than that, no real discussion about what you said. For what it's worth, I think MARPAT is more comfortable, but I think we looked better in our old woodlands.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
How about just putting elastics IN the pants?

Because once the elastic breaks/wears out, you're out a $40 pair of trousers.

I put gaiters on the survey, because I thought it would be badass to go back to the days of "yellowleg" Marines, feared by the CHICOM hordes.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Because once the elastic breaks/wears out, you're out a $40 pair of trousers.

I put gaiters on the survey, because I thought it would be badass to go back to the days of "yellowleg" Marines, feared by the CHICOM hordes.

Wow, someone needs some cultural sensitivity training. That would almost be as bad as if we painted some of our aircraft to resemble the machines that decimated the Japanese Navy...

Wait.

KBayDog

I couldn't do the gaiters, and voted against them. Cool looking, but completely impractical (like bloused boots).

John M. Stryker didn't let a lack of boot bands prevent him from tearing shit up!

sands-of-iwo-jima-560.jpg