• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets: USMC or Navy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm still in school and don't have firsthand knowledge, but I'd say that it depends on the needs of each respective service at the time. Cruise around the site and I think that you'll pick up on the same thing I did.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Air National Gaurd. If you want jets and only jets, the Navy or Marine Corps team is not the team to join.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
If you want a jet slot in the world's finest fighting force the Corps is the place to be now. But by the time you get through OCS,TBS and IFS it will most likely change. The other way to go is get an 80.9 NSS in the Navy right now that works every time.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
maybe you should ask yourself whether you want to be a Marine or not....not where it's easier to be a jet guy. The Marine Corps isn't exactly the "easier" way to do anything. That's what we like about it.

Like someone said in another thread... "say 'needs of the Corps' about a thousand times and you'll understand the selection process"

The 3 mile run alone killed the stupid bug in my brain that made me even consider switching to Marine. That and the whole no shower thing during training. How barbaric. ;)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You misheard it. Marines are told not to DROP THE SOAP in the shower while training on a Navy base.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
You misheard it. Marines are told not to DROP THE SOAP in the shower while training on a Navy base.

Marines use Soap?!

Status
Not open for further replies.