• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets and Helo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pltReed

Hello -

I'm coming to the grim realization that I might be too damn short to fly jets. :icon_cryi

I was wondering if the anthro's were the same for flying Helos? My Army friend, Mephistopheles, tells me that I am within reqs for Army avitation. I told him to piss off, as I was NOT going Army - I wanted to be a Marine.

But it got me thinking. Would I be able to fly Helo's, even though I was too short (not by too much) to fly jets in the Marine Corps? If so, does anyone have the anthro measurments for Helo's, or know where I can get them?

Thanks!

makoslim

Air candidate 188
I dont know the specific anthros, but I was told you have to fit every cockpit in order to be accepted on an air contract. Anyway, the cockpit of the AV-8+BII is very cramped, and I would think a smaller pilot would be preffered.

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
How tall are you? You know that the requirements are based on anthros and NOT overall height. I am just shy of 66" but meet the antho requirements. You won't know until you get a flight physical regarding the anthros. Get somebody to measure your anthros and don't worry about the overall height. I am short too, and the only anthro that I am close too is Butt to Knee (BKL) which is a min of 21.9". My functional reach, sitting height and leg length are well above the mins. Go to your OSO office and have them measure you. Won't hurt.

pltReed

Yeah! I fit!

I found out today that I actually pass the Anthro's!

I'd like to thank my Posterior, my overly-developed bottom, my J. Lo booty! it gave me the extra two inches I needed to pass the BKL measurement! :D

Thanks for your guy's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.