• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the input, that really helps.

With regards to the final select letter, would you say that receiving a pro-rec is a relatively certain sign that I'll be going into the Navy, or should applicants like myself wait until receiving a final select letter before notifying friends and family (and anxious significant others)? And how long does it usually take to receive the final select letter once you've been pro-rec'd?

Also, I was medically DQ's from aviation due to childhood Asthma, despite the fact that the doctor at MEPS thought that I was going to be granted a waiver. If I need to apply again, can I voluntarily go in to MEPS for another physical, and will my previous disqualification count against me, or will I have a second chance at getting a waiver?

In general once a person receives a pro rec Y it is rare for a person not to receive a FS letter.

N3M is higher than MEPS so going to MEPS will not do anything, it is like asking your manager for a raise after the owner of the company has told you no.

MBizzle

I was picked up for pilot in the late Feb board. Just got told August 10 OCS. Anyone else hear yet?
My recruiter told me on March 6 that I was pro-rec'd for both SNA and NFO, then he said on the 14th that I was picked for SNA. I have yet to receive a Final Select letter, or a reporting date. I've been trying to get a guess as to when that might be, but best guesses are just guesses.

Marmaduke

FS SNA
My recruiter told me on March 6 that I was pro-rec'd for both SNA and NFO, then he said on the 14th that I was picked for SNA. I have yet to receive a Final Select letter, or a reporting date. I've been trying to get a guess as to when that might be, but best guesses are just guesses.

I found out around the same date as you I was pro-rec for SNA/NFO as well. My recruiter said they actually release the scheduled dates before receiving the final select letter. She is on leave, so I won't see anything until mid-April regardless. Maybe your guy knows now???

It seems that a lot of people have had mixed experiences with their recruiters. Mine has been excellent so far, even calling me while on personal leave to let me know the news.

exNavyOffRec

I found out around the same date as you I was pro-rec for SNA/NFO as well. My recruiter said they actually release the scheduled dates before receiving the final select letter. She is on leave, so I won't see anything until mid-April regardless. Maybe your guy knows now???

It seems that a lot of people have had mixed experiences with their recruiters. Mine has been excellent so far, even calling me while on personal leave to let me know the news.

Your recruiter is probably talking about how in CIRIMS they can see the date before the FS letter is printed, but beware those dates can change, I did see a few change, but it was just a few.

Marmaduke

FS SNA
Your recruiter is probably talking about how in CIRIMS they can see the date before the FS letter is printed, but beware those dates can change, I did see a few change, but it was just a few.

Thank you for the notice on that. When the dates changed, did they usually move forwards or backwards?

MBizzle

moved out, only a few drastically changed due to quota issues, the others were a change of one or two classes (3-6 weeks)
Yes, thanks for that. I hate to be too pushy at this stage, but is it possible for my recruiter to let me know that current estimated reporting date posted in CIRIMS, while acknowledging that it may still be changed? Even an estimate would be helpful right now.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Seems that NFO and SNA gets in before SWO, does that sound correct?
That is correct... If you look at the graduation pamphlets from previous OCS classes this FY you will see that a majority of the commissioned designators were of the aviation "flavor" (SNA's/NFOs)... There are a few SWO, IDC, and Supply designators "sprinkled" within these graduating classes; however it has been fairly common to see the aviation designators get there Final Select letters in a "very" timely manner.

exNavyOffRec

That is correct... If you look at the graduation pamphlets from previous OCS classes this FY you will see that a majority of the commissioned designators were of the aviation "flavor" (SNA's/NFOs)... There are a few SWO, IDC, and Supply designators "sprinkled" within these graduating classes; however it has been fairly common to see the aviation designators get there Final Select letters in a "very" timely manner.

That generally follow the overall number of spots available per FY, aviation is #1, followed by SWO, then Supply and so on