• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

Tomodachi

pilot
I know I am probably jumping the gun but I have been looking into what I will need to bring to OCS and I was wondering how much of the list at www.ocs.navy.mil is necessary for active duty guys. I already have everything setup for my wife so do they need all that stuff under "All Students" that pertains to my marriage and pay? It seems to me that the Navy already has that in my pg 2. I just ask because I have no idea where my marriage documents are and don't want to pay for more.

Also does anyone know what the uniform allowance is for active E-5's going to OCS?

Read the FAQ section http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_faq.asp specifically #16

16. I am already being paid at my current rank, do I still need to bring all the documentation

Answer = Yes.​

exNavyOffRec

Pro-rec'd NFO! Trying not to get too excited as I still need a waiver for my vision. I've already been to MEPS and my security clearance is almost done. Just waiting for the waiver now...

3.18 GPA Human Geography and Planning
6/6/6/54
LoR's from current AF O-2 and former employers.
Persistence is key!
do you mean waiver for vision surgery?

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone - I've followed various threads in prep for taking the ASTB but never commented. Really grateful for all the great information and insight.

I submitted an app for Supply/Intel/NWO. I'm 26, female, have a 3.94 overall GPA in undergrad and Phi Beta Kappa. Also have my law degree from a Tier 1 law school (not interested in JAG or anything to do with the law, though). A good deal of leadership to boot, plus I have my certified personal training cert on the side. My husband is currently a JAG, so I am familiar with Navy culture and alluded to that in my personal statement. For the past 2 years, I worked as the VP in a small business that put on adventure runs (think Tough Mudder/Warrior Dash, but on a smaller scale).

My ASTB score wasn't amazing (45, 5/5/5), but with my business background and high undergrad GPA, how competitive would I be for a supply spot in the upcoming board on 19 March?
What is your undergrad in? That will have an effect.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
How bad is it, when was your paperwork submitted to N3M?

I'm not sure what MEPS read it as, but as of my last eye exam (May 2011) it was -7.5 sphere and 4.0 cylinder in one eye and -6.25 sphere and 3.75 cylinder in the other. They had just received my paperwork on Tuesday February 7th.

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
Went to MEPS today...turned in fingerprints from meps to OR office also. Signed more secuirty forms today. Said it would be about two weeks before I get final select letter. Planning on March 1st. I believe everything was a pass at meps. Final box I saw said applicant is physically qualified.

Eyes were 20/20.

Depth perception test worried me, because first two rows were easy to spot the close circle. The rest of the rows I felt like I was guessing. Got the pass though....anybody else have that experience. Kind of a wierd test.

neppler

None
Went to MEPS today...turned in fingerprints from meps to OR office also. Signed more secuirty forms today. Said it would be about two weeks before I get final select letter. Planning on March 1st. I believe everything was a pass at meps. Final box I saw said applicant is physically qualified.

Eyes were 20/20.

Depth perception test worried me, because first two rows were easy to spot the close circle. The rest of the rows I felt like I was guessing. Got the pass though....anybody else have that experience. Kind of a wierd test.

Congrats! Yeah the depth perception test threw me off as well. Spoke to a few active duty and retired family members and it seemed like I was actually trying too hard to see them. Might have been the same thing :)

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure what MEPS read it as, but as of my last eye exam (May 2011) it was -7.5 sphere and 4.0 cylinder in one eye and -6.25 sphere and 3.75 cylinder in the other. They had just received my paperwork on Tuesday February 7th.
Cross your fingers as I have not seen any waivers for vision approved except for those going for NUPOC, however there is a new doc overseeing N3M and he may be more open to vision waivers, but on other things he is not.

neppler

None
Cross your fingers as I have not seen any waivers for vision approved except for those going for NUPOC, however there is a new doc overseeing N3M and he may be more open to vision waivers, but on other things he is not.

Oh alright. Well I'll do that then. Thank you for the info!

spaceman86

Hello Sir,
Regarding the last SNA selection: I am pro-rec but was (and still am) out of the country. I have been tied up and getting back has been a hassle. Through posts on here and what my recruiter has told me, I found out that March 5th, is the 30-day deadline. I was wondering about the chances to get an extension waiver to complete the necessary fingerprinting and final documents.....I already have been to MEPS and I am medically good to go. My recruiter informed me that this selection had a 'first-come-first-serve' notice on it and that taking the extra time could result in the available slots filling up; he also mentioned that the 'FCFS' could have been a method of getting recuiters to act faster. I just wanted some extra input on the availability of the waiver and the risks of missing a spot this time around. I don't know if my ASTB scores and GPA would factor in, but here they are if they do:

9/9/9/ 70
GPA 3.26

Tomodachi

pilot
Hello Sir,
Regarding the last SNA selection: I am pro-rec but was (and still am) out of the country. I have been tied up and getting back has been a hassle. Through posts on here and what my recruiter has told me, I found out that March 5th, is the 30-day deadline. I was wondering about the chances to get an extension waiver to complete the necessary fingerprinting and final documents.....I already have been to MEPS and I am medically good to go. My recruiter informed me that this selection had a 'first-come-first-serve' notice on it and that taking the extra time could result in the available slots filling up; he also mentioned that the 'FCFS' could have been a method of getting recuiters to act faster. I just wanted some extra input on the availability of the waiver and the risks of missing a spot this time around. I don't know if my ASTB scores and GPA would factor in, but here they are if they do:

9/9/9/ 70
GPA 3.26

Tied up in a foreign country? Are you posting on AW from a jail? That must be why you cannot get back to finish the process... you need to provide the whole story of what happened.

exNavyOffRec

Hello Sir,

9/9/9/ 70
GPA 3.26
An extension is easy, it is requested by the processor/OACR/OPS via email, the billets for FY12 are FCFS, but worst case you get an FY13 billet