• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

Zhao

Thanks. What I did is just print out all the credits not included in my Degree Eval Reports and put into my package. You mean I should take all the paperwork go to talk to the fleet processor, right?

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
They will calculate the GPA when you submit the final application after it has been routed through your chain of command.

Zhao

Sounds good for me:). Thanks a lot! There are some "U" college credits in my SMART transcripts too, it is totaly 87( from defence language test) 29(from A school). If they calculate that, it will help me lift a lot. If they don't calculate the credits the Navy and DOD gave to me, just like what you said"Unfortunately, you have so many credits your GPA will be hard to raise with just a few classes."

IT2(SW/AW)CWO

Final Select Supply
Here are some of the stats from the Supply board 39 of 194 were picked up for an overall selection rate of 20%, this is nearly 3 times the normal selection rate.

In breaking down the stats of the active duty applicants the selection rate was 14% and it was 22% for civilians/reservist.
Wow it's extremely competitive for Active Duty to be selected in Supply, I guess I am blessed to be one of the Pro Rec'd. Third time's a charm, plus perseverance and faith. Thank you for the breakdown boss. By the way, are the Final Select letters out yet? I'm just wondering because I am about to PCS out here soon. Thanks again! :)

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
If there are no med issues then 24 hours, but the OR has to get them to MEPS, so hopefully someone is covering.

No med issues. He is supposed to be back in the office Monday. I have a bottom permanent retainer that my OR thought would be no big deal. Had it since I was 15-16. It is a wire cemented to the back of my bottom teeth. I was told to answer yes to the braces question. This was the only one I answered yes. My OR thought I could keep the retainer in, but I scheduled a dentist appointment next week to get it popped out just in case.

What exactly is the SF86 sir? Saw some people filled it out already. It is a security form isn't it. I filled something out like that earlier in the application process. Guessing there will be more forms to fill out, and I'll have to wait for them to call all my references/family etc.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Don't PCS! They must hold your orders right now! Believe me you do not want to run into the hassles of transferring during a selection process........ It is a huge pain and a heartache for you. If you transfer your endorsement would no longer be valid and the new skipper would have to endorse you (if the processors even allowed this to happen).

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
What exactly is the SF86 sir? Saw some people filled it out already. It is a security form isn't it. I filled something out like that earlier in the application process. Guessing there will be more forms to fill out, and I'll have to wait for them to call all my references/family etc.

It is the sheet you must fill out and submit to start your security investigation. It is a long and tedious for that goes back 10 years for all of your employment, where you have lived, any criminal records (ever), foreign national contacts etc.... If you haven't started yet try to find the form from a government site and start filling it out to get ahead in the game. It can take a hot minute to fill it out in it's entirety.

exNavyOffRec

No med issues. He is supposed to be back in the office Monday. I have a bottom permanent retainer that my OR thought would be no big deal. Had it since I was 15-16. It is a wire cemented to the back of my bottom teeth. I was told to answer yes to the braces question. This was the only one I answered yes. My OR thought I could keep the retainer in, but I scheduled a dentist appointment next week to get it popped out just in case.

The SF86 is part of the application, so you already have filled one out, you should be getting contacted to sign the final signature pages.

exNavyOffRec

You shall submit all transcripts of the post graduate schools attended. The processors should calculate an overall cumulative GPA of all courses taken. So if you have courses that were not included in the GPA you spoke of in previous posts they should be included in your package. If not you should take more classes at the masters level and strive to get as close to 4.0 to raise the average. Unfortunately, you have so many credits your GPA will be hard to raise with just a few classes. I hope this helps! Good luck!
There has been debate at the NRC level on how they want this, in the past all grades were factored in to give an overall GPA, then they came back and said they while they wanted to see all transcripts the GPA they wanted listed was only the GPA from the most recent degree earned, now they are flip flopping again, the reason we were given is they had seen many people taking "fluff" courses to boost their GPA with no real intent on earning another degree.

exNavyOffRec

Wow it's extremely competitive for Active Duty to be selected in Supply, I guess I am blessed to be one of the Pro Rec'd. Third time's a charm, plus perseverance and faith. Thank you for the breakdown boss. By the way, are the Final Select letters out yet? I'm just wondering because I am about to PCS out here soon. Thanks again! :)

Like AT3 said you shouldn't be PCS'ing, however I was told the supply selections are for FY13, if correct and along with some other info I rec'd FY13 selections will not start going to OCS until Sept/Oct.

exNavyOffRec

No go on supply here.
It was a tough board, I had people with stats better and worse than yours that didn't get selected, and given what I have seen of your stats I would try again in the fall, hopefully the will have had a changeout at your NRD and get better people, as I am familiar with your NRD and word is the OR side was blasted for the lack of work/effort/attention to detail they put in.

mjv305

ENS SNA
So i called the fleet processor and told them about my age waiver expiring soon. They immediately took my package out out of the bunch and sent the medical paperwork to get processed. They then told me i should expect to go to OCS April 15th and to not get rolled back in as i will graduate 6 days before my 29th birthday. Basically, FS letters and near future OCS dates will come to those who need it first i am assuming.

For those on active duty as well, the letters get mailed to your CO and the CO gives them to you..

exNavyOffRec

So i called the fleet processor and told them about my age waiver expiring soon. They immediately took my package out out of the bunch and sent the medical paperwork to get processed. They then told me i should expect to go to OCS April 15th and to not get rolled back in as i will graduate 6 days before my 29th birthday. Basically, FS letters and near future OCS dates will come to those who need it first i am assuming.

For those on active duty as well, the letters get mailed to your CO and the CO gives them to you..
you are correct, those who need to get to OCS fast due to age get priority.

WIlliam KFOA

Turns out my packet got hung up in processing. Not sure why, but I missed the Jan. board because of it. It will for sure be sent out for the April 16 boards though.

...more waiting.

I submitted a reconsideration package for JAN board on time, but I was told that there has been an issue and they will be sending me to the March board. You are not alone, keep up breathing, and we will certainly make it in March.

IT2(SW/AW)CWO

Final Select Supply
Like AT3 said you shouldn't be PCS'ing, however I was told the supply selections are for FY13, if correct and along with some other info I rec'd FY13 selections will not start going to OCS until Sept/Oct.
Sir, I already informed our Command Career Counselor to hold my orders to my next duty station, and he will take care of it ASAP. Regarding the OCS class dates, do you already have the names for Supply? Thanks again for all your support.