• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

exNavyOffRec

So these selections will be for FY12, as in I'll (hopefully) be leaving before October?
Most likely yes, should every person selected be able to go to OCS then like they have done in the past they will push the extras to the next FY.

You must remember that someone that is an FY13 selection can go to OCS in August, it isn't when you leave for OCS it is when you graduate from OCS.

seanw3343

I kind of thought that the numbers for IP were going to be a little low, but heard IW was going to select a few more than usual. I Hope that 5 is not more than they usually select, but it certainly is not easy to get your foot in the door.... Thanks for the info.

exNavyOffRec

I kind of thought that the numbers for IP were going to be a little low, but heard IW was going to select a few more than usual. I Hope that 5 is not more than they usually select, but it certainly is not easy to get your foot in the door.... Thanks for the info.
IP usually only has a goal of 2 or 3 per year, very small, until recently IP wasn't an OCS program.
IW could select more, the number I gave is left for FY12 so it really depends how many that are final selected sign between now and then and how many of FY13 they want to select, if all that have letters out there sign then I could see them going up to 10 based upon what they did with pilot selections for FY12 and then the first ones go in FY12 and the others get pushed to FY13. I would estimate they would pick 10 just for FY13, so say 20 total between FY12 and FY13.

It will be interesting to see how many total packages get submitted, right now they have under 50.

Sonog

pilot
If I get an OCS date that falls before the end of my current semester, is it possible to ask for a later board date or in today's environment do you need to jump on whatever they offer you?

I put available to start OCS Jan 2012 aka soon as possible, because I wanted to make it clear that Navy is my #1 priority, school #2, but it would be nice to finish my current semester though.

exNavyOffRec

If I get an OCS date that falls before the end of my current semester, is it possible to ask for a later board date or in today's environment do you need to jump on whatever they offer you?

I put available to start OCS Jan 2012 aka soon as possible, because I wanted to make it clear that Navy is my #1 priority, school #2, but it would be nice to finish my current semester though.
You can ask, I would send up the request sooner since once an OCS date is set for you they have to do more work. The request that were put in after a person rec'd an OCS date rec'd a response that was essentially if you don't like it then you don't have to go to OCS.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
May would work perfect for me as long as I get a FS in the next month so I can setup a move and checkout of my command and take leave in between. I'll do whatever I have to do though. My medical is getting done at NH Oak Harbor on Wed and I should have labs back and paperwork submitted by Friday. Any idea what the lead time on FS is right now?

exNavyOffRec

May would work perfect for me as long as I get a FS in the next month so I can setup a move and checkout of my command and take leave in between. I'll do whatever I have to do though. My medical is getting done at NH Oak Harbor on Wed and I should have labs back and paperwork submitted by Friday. Any idea what the lead time on FS is right now?
It is different each time, you could be the first guy in a group of "X" submitting his final paperwork on a certain day or the last guy since you can't control who throughout the country is submitting documents.

LLLLL

It is different each time, you could be the first guy in a group of "X" submitting his final paperwork on a certain day or the last guy since you can't control who throughout the country is submitting documents.

Final paperwork? Not all of us have recruiters, is there something we should be doing right now?

exNavyOffRec

Final paperwork? Not all of us have recruiters, is there something we should be doing right now?

final paperwork that needs to be submitted after selection is the physically qualified letter from N3M that is issued after going to MEPS, and the final signature pages for the security screening. This mostly applies to those that are not active duty.

sparrowbomb

E-2 NFO
Your recruiter needs to stay in the loop or his OACR/OPS is not keeping them informed, all but a couple of these selections were FY12, they are still filling the April 15th class, we just had someone placed in that class on Friday, the emails that came out said the over selections were to account for attritions of these and prior selections so they can get FY12 filled and to OCS. This year FY 12 OCS classes include the July class.

Wow, thank you for all of your helpful information sir. Last semester when I was still in school my recruiter called me to tell me that the board was being pushed back to January then told me that if I got selected that OCS was so backed up I wouldn't be going until the end of 2013 or possibly early 2014. I'd be pretty excited at the chance to start OCS sometime this year!

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
Got the word from my OR that I was Pro-Rec'd SNA. I want to thank NavyOffRec for his contributions as well.

I've already been through MEPS (Went right before thanksgiving) and submitted my SF86. My OR says we are waiting on my medical qualification status.

I know mileage varies, but anyone got any idea how long it takes for medical qualification to get approved?

My Stats:

22/M/Non-Prior
GPA: 3.88 Theater; Minor: Political Science
ASTB: 7/7/8 57

I'm counting my lucky stars, and looking forward to the opportunities this news presents.