• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

MoisesM

BeachBound
At first glance your ASTB is a little weak. You have a good GPA. You seem to have reputable (hopefully you worked for all of them in some capacity) individuals for your LORs. Make sure you do great on the rest of your application to help you offset any negatives. GOOD LUCK!
Yes , thankfully I protected the General, and the rest of the LOR's came from all my employers and commanding officers. I have my fingers crossed on this one because other than my OAR being a 48. I have been told by several that between my law enforcement career and going through school with a big family, volunteering and so on it helps a lot allegedly.

exNavyOffRec

Well , I just finished my INTEL packet and I'm nervous as I could not believe. I have prior service in the Army and I been wanting to finish my degree to commission and now that it is here it has become so difficult......

What do you guys think?
INTEL
Prior ARMY MP PSD/ ANG Reserve/ Deputy Sheriff
ASTB 48/5/5/5
GPA 3.2 ST Marys University Criminal Justice
Age 32
5 LOR's 1 Combatant 4 star General, Major Reserve Commander, LT Navy Intel Retired/ Deputy, Former Captain Army Professor, and lastly a SGT at the Sheriffs Office where I work.

Oh, great and now the board was pushed back?
OAR is ok, GPA is ok, degree is ok but a technical one would be a lot better
Have you worked at the SO for the past three years? If not you should have more employer LOR's
I would get more LOR's from people that have directly observed your work, either volunteering, or college, or more from the S.O.

MoisesM

BeachBound
OAR is ok, GPA is ok, degree is ok but a technical one would be a lot better
Have you worked at the SO for the past three years? If not you should have more employer LOR's
I would get more LOR's from people that have directly observed your work, either volunteering, or college, or more from the S.O.
I have been a deputy and a reservist for the last 5 years everyone has been in direct observation of my work ethic, and all the extensive investigations I have taken part of have also been included in the LOR's. The General was also very direct and went into detail about my time with him and his direct reccommendation for a commission. I hope his words are a god sent. My current commander the Major also added my additional duties as a liason with the intelligence community in our command. I thank you for your feedback and input with this process. I even went to the extent to get the last LOR from a professor who I have taken numerous amount of courses with and was a former officer as well. I'm pulling out all the bells and whistles on this one.

CREED

I listed supply as my first option based on my degree and work experience. I listed Intel and IW as 2nd and 3rd choices. If I am not selected for supply, do I need to submit another packet to the Intel and IW boards meeting in April, or will my current packet be automatically submitted?

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter had just checked a few weeks back and there was 30 slots and now down to 10 how does that happen with no board yet????
billets get reduced and people get pushed from one FY to another, I am still a bit doubtful a board will actually happen when they only have 10 spots to pick and 2 boards to do it in.

exNavyOffRec

I have been a deputy and a reservist for the last 5 years everyone has been in direct observation of my work ethic, and all the extensive investigations I have taken part of have also been included in the LOR's. The General was also very direct and went into detail about my time with him and his direct reccommendation for a commission. I hope his words are a god sent. My current commander the Major also added my additional duties as a liason with the intelligence community in our command. I thank you for your feedback and input with this process. I even went to the extent to get the last LOR from a professor who I have taken numerous amount of courses with and was a former officer as well. I'm pulling out all the bells and whistles on this one.
Those direct observations will help, the biggest negative it looks like is the degree, just in my office, not my district, we have 5 applying with tech degrees with the lowest GPA being just below 3.5 and I am not hopeful for any of them because there are people applying that have worked with companies in DC with gov't intel agencies, that is why the NRD that covers DC generally gets the majority of selections, and the fact they are looking at 600+ applications for 10 spots.

exNavyOffRec

I listed supply as my first option based on my degree and work experience. I listed Intel and IW as 2nd and 3rd choices. If I am not selected for supply, do I need to submit another packet to the Intel and IW boards meeting in April, or will my current packet be automatically submitted?
Each board will see your application, but if your degree and job are geared to Suppy that is your best bet since I am guessing you don't have a tech degree.

CREED

Each board will see your application, but if your degree and job are geared to Suppy that is your best bet since I am guessing you don't have a tech degree.
That is good to know. Thank you. I feel most comfortable with supply, however, i was advised to also list Intel and IW because of my age. They were the ones I qualified for due to my age. I was granted an age waiver for supply.

exNavyOffRec

That is good to know. Thank you. I feel most comfortable with supply, however, i was advised to also list Intel and IW because of my age. They were the ones I qualified for due to my age. I was granted an age waiver for supply.
How old are you? prior service?

exNavyOffRec

32, no prior
well, age waivers are only given for prior service, and the board is the one that gives the thumbs up to them, so what has happened in the past is either the board declines to review the package or they are automatically given a pro no.

My guess is that your OR believes an age waiver was given because your package is at board, however when I was new I sent a few up over the age limit believing a waiver would be granted and all went to board, and all came back no.

Sonog

pilot
It must be like shopping for toilet paper that they'll need 7 months from now for them, even though they have a butt load (no pun intended) already ordered and on the way (ROTC, academy). The whole, "eh, we can do it tomorrow' mentality.

I'd like to think of a more significant metaphor than toilet paper, but the stuff is pretty important right? and pretty much every brand is competitive these days.