• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

exNavyOffRec

I had a question about the July boards for Pilot. I am active duty and I will finish my degree requirements on July 7 but I will not officially graduate until August. Can I go ahead and submit a package for the July boards or with me being active duty will I have to actually wait until I have my transcripts showing that the requirements are completed? I know that the actual package will need to be complete for review in April or May in case something needs to be corrected. Any thoughts on this or would it be better to just submit in the October board?

The NRC processors will see that you do not have final transcripts with "degree conferred" and reject your application, several AD here have had that happen recently, AD must have degree conferred on their transcripts when they submit.

mike23!

The NRC processors will see that you do not have final transcripts with "degree conferred" and reject your application, several AD here have had that happen recently, AD must have degree conferred on their transcripts when they submit.
Well I suppose this just gives me more time to better prepare my package.

jetullis6

Been there done that
I had the same thing happen to me, and I sent in my package before I had a degree conferred on my transcripts. My package was rejected by the screeners and never went to the board. So yes you must wait until it's on there Mr. Williams will tell you the same if you call he is the fleet OCS processor. If you have any more questions let me know.

Josh3714

Hi, I am new to this thread. I have been browsing around a little bit and figured I would post my stats as well.

25 years old/ male
6 years enlisted
E-6
Aviation Tech
First time up
Pilot
ASTB 52 7/7/7
B.S. W/ 4.0 GPA
Command Fitness Leader
Leading Petty Officer
2 command managed programs
Last 3 Evals, P, MP, EP
No flight experience
2 LORS- both O-5's (worked for both)
3 interviews by pilots

Watched Top Gun like 20 times ; ) haha

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Hi, I am new to this thread. I have been browsing around a little bit and figured I would post my stats as well.

25 years old/ male
6 years enlisted
E-6
Aviation Tech
First time up
Pilot
ASTB 52 7/7/7
B.S. W/ 4.0 GPA
Command Fitness Leader
Leading Petty Officer
2 command managed programs
Last 3 Evals, P, MP, EP
No flight experience
2 LORS- both O-5's (worked for both)
3 interviews by pilots

Watched Top Gun like 20 times ; ) haha

The only thing I see wrong with your package is that you have only watched Top Gun only 20 times!

SNA requires you to watch at least 40 times ( memorizing every line)
SNFO requires you to watch a at least 30 times ( memorizing only what goose says)

Great stats man and thank you for your service!

Kees

SNA Select
The only thing I see wrong with your package is that you have only watched Top Gun only 20 times!

SNFO requires you to watch a at least 30 times ( memorizing only what goose says)

If the above is true, then call me "CDR Mike Metcalf."

Josh3714

Haha I like the part you said about Goose. Actually just watched it again last night because my wife had never seen it before.

Josh3714

Do you know if there is a thread already started where people are posting there stats? I want to see if mine are considered competitive. I am only applying for Pilot.

Kees

SNA Select
Do you know if there is a thread already started where people are posting there stats? I want to see if mine are considered competitive. I am only applying for Pilot.

Based on your post above, your stats look pretty good. The Navy is looking at the "whole person," and your stuff looks up to snuff. I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not aware of a thread geared specifically towards stats, but I know a lot of guys posted their stats in the December Board Applicants thread. Have a read through that one; it may help you out.

Josh3714

Based on your post above, your stats look pretty good. The Navy is looking at the "whole person," and your stuff looks up to snuff. I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not aware of a thread geared specifically towards stats, but I know a lot of guys posted their stats in the December Board Applicants thread. Have a read through that one; it may help you out.

Thanks man, I will check it out. I just didn't know if I was possibly lessening my chances because I am only applying for Pilot and not NFO too.

exNavyOffRec

The Navy is looking at the "whole person,"

Not so much, when the selection is more competitive they will pick those with high PFAR and FOFAR over those with average scores and lots of community involvement and leadership.

"whole person concept" is more of a PR thing than anything.

Josh3714

Not so much, when the selection is more competitive they will pick those with high PFAR and FOFAR over those with average scores and lots of community involvement and leadership.

"whole person concept" is more of a PR thing than anything.

How then do you know when the selection is more competitive? I went ahead and looked at some of the December stats and it seemed some applying for SNA/ NFO were getting picked up for SNA with mixes of 6s and 5s. I am submitting my OCS packet next month and hoping the board is in March or April.

exNavyOffRec

How then do you know when the selection is more comp%etitive? I went ahead and looked at some of the December stats and it seemed some applying for SNA/ NFO were getting picked up for SNA with mixes of 6s and 5s. I am submitting my OCS packet next month and hoping the board is in March or April.

when they have an average number per board selection rates average 50%, sometimes higher sometimes lower, now they have changed how things work, so now a person must be PQ before submission, so things might be a bit different in the future.

when selection had averaged 50% generally you would only see people selected with 7's and higher, in some of the recent boards they have taken nearly everyone.

Josh3714

when they have an average number per board selection rates average 50%, sometimes higher sometimes lower, now they have changed how things work, so now a person must be PQ before submission, so things might be a bit different in the future.

when selection had averaged 50% generally you would only see people selected with 7's and higher, in some of the recent boards they have taken nearly everyone.

So you think this board coming up will be different and more competitive then? I am a little nervous about my OAR but I do feel good about my 7s across the board. As for PQ what do you mean?

exNavyOffRec

So you think this board coming up will be different and more competitive then? I am a little nervous about my OAR but I do feel good about my 7s across the board. As for PQ what do you mean?

for SNA and SNFO it is the PFAR and FOFAR, I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.