• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all! First time posting here. I submitted way back for the DEC2012 board for NFO/SWO and was pro-rec'd for both. However, ended up deciding that Pilot was by far my preferred career path (would've been my #1 choice if my eyesight wasn't terrible), so I got surgery done in early 2013 and resubmitted for Pilot/NFO this time around. PQ'd sometime in early DEC13. Kit was sent up to NRC on 16DEC13, so hopefully I'm in for consideration during the upcoming rolling board.
Obviously, you have a competitive package, as you were previously ProRec'd for 2 communities. Your low, but above min. GPA (tough major/top notch Univ.), is more than compensated for by your outstanding ASTB/OAR stats.:)

IMHO, you will do fine at board. Good luck in your quest for SNA, Not settling for a career path that you ProRec'd for, but wasn't your real preference, was a gamble. It's very likely that you may hit the jackpot!;)
BzB

kalamity116

ProRec SNA/NFO
Obviously, you have a competitive package, as you were previously ProRec'd for 2 communities. Your low, but above min. GPA (tough major/top notch Univ.), is more than compensated for by your outstanding ASTB/OAR stats.:)

IMHO, you will do fine at board. Good luck in your quest for SNA, Not settling for a career path that you ProRec'd for, but wasn't your real preference, was a gamble. It's very likely that you may hit the jackpot!;)
BzB

Thanks! Yes indeed, it was a gamble--I mean, I would probably be commissioned by now (<--- given no rolls through OCS or other holdups, which are huge assumptions) and maybe even done with API if I had stuck to my original path. So yeah, I really do hope I hit that jackpot!

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Hello all! First time posting here. I submitted way back for the DEC2012 board for NFO/SWO and was pro-rec'd for both. However, ended up deciding that Pilot was by far my preferred career path (would've been my #1 choice if my eyesight wasn't terrible), so I got surgery done in early 2013 and resubmitted for Pilot/NFO this time around. PQ'd sometime in early DEC13. Kit was sent up to NRC on 16DEC13, so hopefully I'm in for consideration during the upcoming rolling board.

Stats are as follows:

-24/Male/No Prior Service
-SNA/NFO
-B.S. from UCLA
-Major: Aerospace Engineering
-GPA: 2.956 (Terrible GPA, I know. Did a lot better in my final two years though.)
-ASTB: 8/8/9 64
-Strong officer interview with former NRD Portland XO (O-5)
-LORs from: 1 former boss (Taekwondo master instructor I learned and served as assistant instructor under for seven years), 1 former professor (aircraft design course at UCLA), 1 church pastor and 1 current boss. All of them very strong LORs.
-Currently working as paid student researcher/lab assistant for UCLA/NASA JPL (got picked up as a summer intern but managed to secure a semi-permanent slot while I wait to be considered for OCS)

kalamity116,

Wow, swap UCLA with CU-Boulder and we have almost the exact same stats! A JPL gig is about as good as it gets while waiting for the app process to settle out. Good luck to you!

cb812

SNA
First time posting on the forum. 26 years old, non-prior. Working on getting package together for the next SNA board. Taking the ASTB next week. Currently awaiting results from the Air Force 14OT02 board. Been through one other board with AF, 13OT02, and was a non select. AF results were scheduled to come out Dec. 4th. That got pushed to Dec. 19th, then to a NLT Jan. 17th. That has come and gone and still no word. Word from my AF recruiter is that there will be few if any pilot spots given out. I am expecting the worse and proceeding with my Navy app. I turn 27 end of October so I have one, maybe two shots with Navy before I age out for a SNA spot. Bachelor's of Marketing from Southern Utah University, 3.9 GPA, solid LOR's (retired Navy Capt, retried AF Lt. Col, college professor, flight instructor, and past employer), PPL w/ 65 hours. I have already been through MEPS for AF, however I may need to do a "follow up" being that I went through back in Oct. 2012. I will post ASTB scores when received.

David0619

Hey guys, I am all submitted for the rolling board. Thought I'd put stats up:
B.S. Business Admin.: 3.59 GPA
OAR 50, 7/6/5
Commercial Pilot Cert, instrument, multi-private, high performance endorsement, high altitude endorsement, complex endorsement
TT 370 hrs, 50+ night, 90+ instrument, 21 multi (thoroughly understand civi flying is cake compared to Naval Flight Training)
Emergency Room volunteer, volunteer aviation science talks to 5th grade classrooms.
Work as a line service technician at airport
LOR: 1 COL, Chief of Staff, CO Nat. Guard, 2 Professors (hope this is enought, my OR seemed to think it was)

AmericanJoe

Recruiter wrote today and said that they are seeing a lot of action with the systems they use to submit applications so there is a good chance of a board in Feb -- whatever that means

Not holding my breath, but sure would be nice!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
yeah I get the feeling though that there are quite a few of us in the same boat, I'll keep em' crossed. I'd have to think that early March is feasible though.

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
Recruiter wrote today and said that they are seeing a lot of action with the systems they use to submit applications so there is a good chance of a board in Feb -- whatever that means

Not holding my breath, but sure would be nice!

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors... Please let the Navy have a board in February for us SNA and SNFO hopefuls. Amen.

brogdawg32

My application is going to be signed and submitted on Feb 19th. Hopefully that will be in time for the board.... :(

jack.morris

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors... Please let the Navy have a board in February for us SNA and SNFO hopefuls. Amen.

Amen. I'm in the boat too so add me to the list.