• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jacksonville P250 special

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Shooters of Jacksonville is having a big sale right now and they are offering a special where you get a sig sauer full size and a sub-compact gun "frame" but only one trigger mechanism for both. Comes with a case and I can't remember if it's one or two mags. Total cost is 649.99. They said having one trigger mechanism is great b/c you have "two" guns for one serial number. I confess that I'm a first time gun buyer so even the above info might be incorrect, I'm just quoting what the sales person told me. He also said that the 250 does not have "changeable" barrels for practicing with .22 and keeping .40 or 9mm for defense. When I did a search on the forum it lead me to a link for the 250 that said it can?

My questions are:

1) Does the P250 have the ability to change what ammo you can shoot?

2) Is this a good deal?

3) They also have a .40 P250 for 479.99. I've seen alot of talk about 228/9's but not much on these. Thoughts?

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
It sounds like a good deal, but only if you like the gun. Try one out at a local range. I did, and hated it... 226/9's are a different story though.

1.) Yeah, as far as I've read you can change barrels/"fire control modules" between .45 ACP, .40, and 9mm. Not sure about .22

2.) Pretty good deal. Not outrageous - you could probably buy another plastic pistol and a new barrel for approximately the same. Just not a new frame

3.) If it's NIB it's a good deal. Personally I wouldn't buy one though

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Well, ultimately I went with a Remington 870 that they had for 319 and a walther p22 for practice. I found a range that rents a couple of different sigs and almost every glock there is. I've heard so many good things about sig on this forum but the glock price tag is a bit easier to swallow and I haven't heard many bad things about them.