• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iwo Jima WW2

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'm sure Clint will do us proud. He's got a real talent for directing, that's for sure. As to whether or not the Iyatollah of Rock-and-Rollah will appear, though, I heard that was a closely guarded production secret.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
A quick thought: If he's making a second movie from the Japanese perspective, it's going to be a pretty depressing movie. Didn't all but about three Japanese die on the island?

No Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rollah? Maybe the Earl of Funk or the Duke of Cool? I hope Profile doesn't die in this one.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
The movie is the film adaptation of James Bradley's "Flags of our Fathers". It's a really good read.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
The movie is the film adaptation of James Bradley's "Flags of our Fathers". It's a really good read.

I haven't read "Flags of our Fathers", but I am reading "Flyboys" right now, it is a damn good read. His father was one of the flag raisers on Suribachi, right?
I think it will be an good movie.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Not much there but when you bingo 350NM to reach it, all you need is a runway.
foto1.jpg

Story here: http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/media/approach/issues/dec03/BlueWater.htm

riley

If you read Flyboys you'll realize how messed up the Japanese were - they were far worse in their atrocities to the Chinese and American POWS than the Nazis or the Russians were to their victims.

I just hope Hollywood doesn't brush over that fact.

James Bradley's father was a navy corpsman who earned the Navy Cross for actions on Iwo Jima. He was one of only three that survived the conflict.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
If you read Flyboys you'll realize how messed up the Japanese were - they were far worse in their atrocities to the Chinese and American POWS than the Nazis or the Russians were to their victims.

James Bradley's father was a navy corpsman who earned the Navy Cross for actions on Iwo Jima. He was one of only three that survived the conflict.

They will probably brush over the Japanese attrocities the same way they always do...especially when they then want to talk about the use of nuclear weapons...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
They will probably brush over the Japanese attrocities the same way they always do...especially when they then want to talk about the use of nuclear weapons...

I don't know if any of the atrocities, etc. will be dealt with in this movie. If the movie is really just about Iwo, that kind of stuff isn't needed to tell the story. It'd be sticky and unecessary to get into war crimes perpetrated by a nation this is now, and has long been, our ally

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I don't know if any of the atrocities, etc. will be dealt with in this movie. If the movie is really just about Iwo, that kind of stuff isn't needed to tell the story. It'd be sticky and unecessary to get into war crimes perpetrated by a nation this is now, and has long been, our ally

Well, said.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Hollywood is run by Jews. They would not portray the Japanese atrocities as worse than Germany's, period.

Disclaimer: Not anti-semetic or downplaying the Holocaust in the least, it's just how it is. What Germany did was terrible.... what Japan did was worse, you just don't hear that side as often.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Hollywood is run by Jews. They would not portray the Japanese atrocities as worse than Germany's, period.

Disclaimer: Not anti-semetic or downplaying the Holocaust in the least, it's just how it is. What Germany did was terrible.... what Japan did was worse, you just don't hear that side as often.

I don't at all agree with what you've stated. Germany had a unit that did experiments on Jews just as Japan did on its POW's. Germany did things that were easily as horrible as Japan, but Japan did those things to Americans.

I don't at all believe that Hollywood is run by Jews. What proof do you have of this? That's a pretty bold statement. if you have proof, i'll happily concede this discussing to you.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't at all agree with what you've stated. Germany had a unit that did experiments on Jews just as Japan did on its POW's. Germany did things that were easily as horrible as Japan, but Japan did those things to Americans.

I'm not talking about what they did to Americans, at all. I'm talking about what they did to the Chinese, Koreans, Phillipinos, and many other Southeast Asian races. Virtually eliminated whole cities, tested biological agents on whole cities, and so on. How they abused American soldiers pales to what they did to the city of Nanking, China. Look it up. Most people don't even know anything about Japanese atrocities. You yourself have shown you don't by focusing it on Americans, which is barely a tip of the iceberg. The Japanese were vicious and animals in that war.

I don't at all believe that Hollywood is run by Jews. What proof do you have of this? That's a pretty bold statement. if you have proof, i'll happily concede this discussing to you.

http://www.eonline.com/Features/Specials/Jews/

Read it. From a prominent Jew, Ben Stein, who I like a lot.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I'm talking about what they did to the Chinese, Koreans, Phillipinos, and many other Southeast Asian races. Virtually eliminated whole cities, tested biological agents on whole cities, and so on. How they abused American soldiers pales to what they did to the city of Nanking, China. Look it up. Most people don't even know anything about Japanese atrocities.
All True.

But, can you really quantify this stuff so as to compare it to what the Germans did?

This may as well be a "my dad's bigger than your dad" argument. OPINION, is something else entirely. :)