• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's the small things that often impress--Blue Angel #1

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
-- VF-114 Aardvark MIG master --- the same Pete who loves the sound of his own voice --- loves to stand waaa-a-a-a-a-a-ay too long in front of the mirror while shaving and/or doing his prematurely gray hair ... my first Wing LSO when I was a trainee --- Yeah ... those were the days .... :)

Those VF-114 guys were a bunch of arrogant @ssholes....hey wait a second...I was one of them. :)

Damn it, I think I hate me. :) ;)

A6-EA6

None
A4sForever said:
I think Pete was at one time the CO of the Saints --- ??? I never flew against him when I was in Dallas, but we shared some Dets. Again, he was my original "trainer" on the platform. He and Dave Carroll --- later 'Blues CO. Pete was the fighter Wing LSO -- Carroll the attack LSO. A good guy, also --- Dave looked like "a Kennedy" when that was still a "good thing".

Dave Carroll, now that brings back memories! He was my CAG back on the Midway with CVW-5, used to call him the "hunk of burning love." He still liked to wear tight-fitting Blues-like flight suits, even when his body was screaming not too. Always a good target at Foc's'le Follies.

B

Blutonski816

zab1001 said:
I think the reason a lot of USMC types don't "crush" is because the green pisscutter is made of a different material. I wear it with my Av Greens, and it just doesn't sit right when I "dimple" it. I gave up, it just sits very rigid. Luckily, I don't really have to wear a cover much except at Quarters (EVERY morning...). I've used the same wash khaki cover with bags for the last 3 years and that thing comes out of my leg pocket pre-crushed, even after washing.

Speaking of Av. Greens, I haven't seen any good pics of them being worn today, plenty of historical photos, just nothing new. I mean I've seen a lot of the guys here say they got 'em, but I have yet to see how it looks today.

Anyone willing to share pics??

gyrene

Marine SNA
no stupid questions, just stupid people...

how does WOXOF apply to someone when it comes to a callsign?

enlighten us, por favor...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
gyrene said:
no stupid questions, just stupid people...

how does WOXOF apply to someone when it comes to a callsign?

enlighten us, por favor...
*sigh* ... you Marines .... gotta love you, too .... I once had a Marine STUD, however, that was -- of course --- a Marine, an Aggie and Polish, to boot. That example of the masterful sense of humor that God has made it very, very tough to love that particular STUD --- but I did. I guess that would qualify as "tough love"??? :)

WOXOF = Indefinite ceiling zero, sky obscured, visibility zero, fog .... now think of that in terms of someone's "mental" capabilities, his "thought processes", his "smarts" ...

WOXOF, the A-6 Bombardier/Navigator, was continually walking around in a mental state that was .... ceiling zero, obscured, zero viz ..... a FOG, if you will .... .

I presume the "fog" has cleared, now --- Yes ???

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Sorry to go back to the piss cutter conversation, but with the Navy's decision to introduce a BDU style uniform, what will Navy flyers wear with their flight suits in the future? A khaki piss cutter or the new eight-point, blue digital camo cover?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Shakey said:
..... what will Navy flyers wear with their flight suits in the future? ...?
berret.jpg
hats-french-beret.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
raptor10 said:
Hopefully Diversity in the Navy leads to THIS
Although I do like those navy wings of gold
jessica_biel_stealth.jpg

It's going to be a shame when that pretty face of hers is all caved in after she ejects and the SEAWARS repeatedly bash her skull in because her God damned Koch fittings are so high. Oh well, she'll just have to bag it and be happy with being life support for that rack. :D

Brett