• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's really amazing this doesn't happen more often

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhafeman

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/01/sprj.irq.constellation.rescue/index.html

I guess its just goes to show the incredible piloting skills of carrier pilots. When you think about what they do day after day it is incredible, and yet incidents like this are extremely rare.

jason12

well its a damn good thing they have a protocal for stuff like that.....glad to hear everyone is ok

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

Brodie143

Sounds like the nose wheel centering failed. It actual happens quite often with carrier aircraft. Not over the side, but when a jet lands sometines the nose wheel will not stay centered and the jet will suddenly head to the left or right (usually the left). I am not sure why to the left, it is just what I have seen. Fortunately the aircrew usually are able to keep the aircraft on the deck because it cocks out near the end of the roll-out. But if the aircraft just touches down and the nose wheel cocks, at that instant, to the left you don't have much of a chance except to punch out. Bad luck on thier part. Glad to hear they made it out. Safety first always!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.