• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's Happened Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
:icon_rage

Al Qaeda has beheaded another American.

CNN.com:

Al Qaeda militants fulfilled their promise to kill their American hostage today, posting on an Islamist Web site three photographs of the head and body of Paul Johnson, who was beheaded after being captured in Saudi Arabia six days ago. A senior State Department official warned that further attacks are likely and urged U.S. citizens to leave the country.

goldwingdreams

Why oh why do we always have to be the "better" people and not stoop to their level and...oh...i don't know...maybe turn the Arabian peninsula into a glass parking lot? Or least behead 10 Arabs we find in our country? Sometimes being an American is frustrating.....

goldwingdreams

Right on. Just venting. I don't mean any discrespect to anyone it's just that they find it so easy to lump all Americans into one group yet we try so hard to differentiate between those out to hurt us and those that honestly think we might be able to help them...

I wish more of those people would speak up in their respective mosques, town, cities, etc and voice their opposition to this kind of crap.

Until that day comes, I'll just make sure my MK-84s are on target.

manny7_99

Doggone It!!!

Barnard1425 said:
As soon as this happened, a highly respected cleric gave a sermon in Mecca on the inherent sinfulness of Al Qaeda's militant actions. That's pretty much the equivalent of a Cardinal speaking against the actions of Catholics in a mass at the Vatican.

Personally, I think that taking the moral high ground is what sets us apart from these cowards. Between the CIA, FBI, and the military, these men will be hunted down like animals. They will meet brutal justice, even if the details aren't released to the press. In fact, the Saudi government is already claiming that it has shot and killed three men involved with the beheading. This sort of bull$h!t is a small price to pay for being part of the greatest (and perhaps the most morally balanced) nation on earth.

Agree with you to a certain extent. All these makes me sooo frustrated, I just wish I was in action right now. It also reminds me how stupid those protesters and anti-war movement really are. :icon_rage

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Saudis: 'Major blow' dealt to al Qaeda

The deaths of four top figures in Al Qaeda's Saudi Arabian structure is a major blow to the terror network, the country's foreign policy adviser said Saturday. Among the dead is Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin, the self-proclaimed leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia who claimed responsibility for the beheading of U.S. hostage Paul Johnson.

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
Yeah, how much can we really trust the Saudis?...Many terrorist groups disguised as "charitable organizations" are based in SA, not to mention it's OBL's birthplace...Taking out only Iraq seems like only doing half the job...

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Well, here is the way I see it. The Saudis have lots and lots of money... a lot of our money. And they generally dont have to really work for anything. All the work is done by immigrants. This leaves you with a lot of guys who have lots of money and nothing to really do. So they can cause trouble.

Now The Saudi Royal family main goal is to stay in power. So they need to balance staying in control of their country through allowing some things to go unseen against pissing us off. Remember that the Saudi Royal family, the core, are good friends of America.

So to counter what some of you are thinking about corruption... it might be there on a minute part. But it isn't anyone following orders from above.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Careful man.

check-your-six said:
Why oh why do we always have to be the "better" people and not stoop to their level and...oh...i don't know...maybe turn the Arabian peninsula into a glass parking lot? Or least behead 10 Arabs we find in our country? Sometimes being an American is frustrating.....

Easy man, I understand your anger, because I feel it too. I think we should not be above "intensive" interrogations because we are dealing with people who wouldn't even blink an eye before they killed themselves just to kill our loved ones. However that whole "kill 10 Arabs in our country" was a little extreme (though I know your venting). My grandfather was born in Lebanon before he came here, my father was born here and fought for this country in WWII, and I plan to continue fighting for this country in the Marine Corps. The thing that makes this country great and strong is the diversity of the people. So when somebody makes a comment like that, it hurts, because you would be giving into the hate those cowards want us to feel. While I'm NOT angry at you, and I know your comments were made out of initial frustrations, think about the diversity that makes up this country before making a comment like that. On the other hand you're right that we seem to have to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and it's frustrating. I think everytime we catch one of those bastards we should interrogate the hell out of them by any means necessary to find information to save our innocents.

Status
Not open for further replies.