• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's almost here... a HUD that you wear

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Cool stuff. Reminds me of the bionic eyes LaForge had in Star Trek.

Ocularimplant.jpg

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
But seriously, that's a pretty nifty innovation. I wonder how this will present itself in the consumer sector...TRULY hands-free cell phone use! Not to mention the end of hand-eye coordination, just look at something and that's all you need to do.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Did they ask the rabbits if there were any adverse effects from wearing the lenses? I'm no PETA guy - used to shoot & eat lotsa bunnies as a kid - but I also wonder how they measured "no adverse effects".

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
All I wat to know is, can I still take girls back to my place and show them my contact lens tapes?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Interesting article

Let me just add:
The more I look at that giant bunny eye, the more creeped-out I get.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Not to be a complete death-joy but, LEDs that annoy the fuck out of a rabbit for 20 minutes in its eyes are a far cry from a nano-projector throwing up TV in a lens, no? When it can track your pupils and you can click on shit just by thinking about it, call me back. :D

As long as we are on Star Trek nerd patrol, that thing looks like Locutus of Bunny to me...

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Gotta love modern technology. You can add night vision and radar to your car along with a HUD, scientists are inventing a HUD for your eyeball... but the Navy still uses the 10lb POS NVG addon as an excuse for a helo HUD. :sigh: