• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

is the officer test hard and what is on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylesp_619

i am about to take the test to be officer in the navy i want to know is it hella hard and i am going to study for it. but i want to know what are the main things i should focus on.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I didn't think the ASTB was too bad, especially if you use the study guide on this site. It's almost identical to the actual test, all they did is change some numbers and stuff. Don't stress out about it but definately study.

c0bounds

If it is the ASTB, the only thing I would say is that you really need to brush up on Mechanical knowledge...that was hard for me because I hadn't done anything with it since high school. and the Spacial Apperception is a lot harder than the examples and study guides they give you. Good luck... best thing I can say is just don't stress out because it is either there or not

stevew

Is the ASVAB really that easy? I habe to take it and I was a little concerned about how hard I must study for it.

T Kellly

Taking the OAR exam and need to do good on the pilot portion. Got a couple of ARCO study guides for the test but they only cover some pilot info. What is good material to study for pilot part of Officer Apptitude Rating Exam?

Meridiani

1. Officer candidates do not go to bootcamp.

2. Officer applicants take the ASTB (you'll also see this called the OAR, which is simply the score from the math/verbal/mechanical subtests of the ASTB).

3. You can find more than you ever need to know about the ASTB at this very website! Take a look at the Gouge forum.

4. In my opinion, the ASTB is no more difficult than the ACT, but you must be able to answer the questions quickly in order to finish each section in the alloted time. Practicing sample questions in the same amount of time that you'll have on the real test is the key to doing well.

Sins

Originally posted by austinfalnes
Only enlisted takes the ASVAB. Officer candidates take the ASTB.

Originally posted by Meridiani
1. Officer candidates do not go to bootcamp.

I know this is a naval aviation website but....before they go to OCS, Army officer candidates take the ASVAB and go to basic training - along with thier enlisted buddies. This may explain some misconceptions.

When I looked into the army I scored 93 on the ASVAB and thought it was quite difficult.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
yeah, i scored a 93 on the ASVABs. i actually did bad, but because of my math score, i scored high. i don't know what a cam gear is to a normal gear, nor do i know what a cam shaft is. i kinda flunked the engineering and automotive engineering, but scored 100's on all maths. i hope the officer doesn't have any engineering q's!

ElPensador

I took the ASTB today (and boy does my head hurt now) and was surprised to see that they gave us the Biographical Information and Aviation Interest portions of the test. I read that those (at least the BI) were no longer used as of 2002, because they weren't really relevent anymore. What's the deal with that? I am particularly interested in their dissolution, as I scored a 1 (yes, a 1) on that section.

Apparently I have no interest in avation. Funny how the navy knows more about me than I do. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.