• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the March 18 class still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcstruble

We're good. Few chances to get on here. Just got our drill streamer today. We started with 52+ and now are at 39. Time's flying by, especially after you get over the top. We definitely have the best DI - rumor has it it's his last class though. We were such disparate personalities, but we've really pulled together. Pretty amazing considering where we started.

Paul - you ready for Indoc Week? I'm waiting for you - kidding.

Paul Burke

52 to 39...These numbers really bug me. What happened to them? Do they flat out kick people out? Getting another nervous twitch here and my printer is getting scared from the last time

mattlowery

whats up all?? this will be short because i need to get back to Batallion in a few. I started with the March 23 class and we started with about 42. we are down to 23 right now. Rolling is a very common thing here at OCS. Academics, injuries, etc...However, we are a really small class. I hope to stay in it and not roll. The academics are not easy, so don't gaff them off. Also, know the Big 3 verbatim by the time you get here. It will make life much easier.

The days drag by here, but the weeks go by quickly. We are in our 5th week now....can't wait to get to week 11, but a LOT to go before we get to that.

Take care and I'll try to write more later.

Matt L.

dcstruble

Our first hit was from people not being able to swim. The rest were for shin splints - run to condition your shins, not your lungs or legs. That's the killer. A few for academics and only one or two for DOR. Inspections can claim a few, but only if you give up. Even if you roll, they give you as much time as you need to heal - but that kills your attitude when you're not classed up. GET YOUR BODY IN SHAPE to endure the 10 weeks of physical training. Your IN-PFA time is far less important than your ability to keep with the training regimine. 52 to 39 is tough, but only slightly undersized.. Matt's class (22) is definitely far worse off, but the Roq is a tough guy. They take some beatings like no other - but it always seems rougher looking on the outside in. "Did we have to do that?"

Almost to Candios - two knocks on the table is a good feeling. Looking forward to getting out of here, but liberty is all I can really look forward to now.

See you all soon.

OC Struble

mattlowery

yo Paul. well, we are about to start our 7th week here in sunny hot FL. we have our drill comp this week on Thursday which is whatthe DIs live for around here. we also have our Navigation test this week, which i kinda dread. i did fine with Seamanship, but the Navigation stuff tends to scare me a little.

well, take it easy and see you soon. class 24 is starting today, but only 21 candidates in the class from whati hear. i htink classes are about to start every week soon though. Later!

Matt L.

Paul Burke

Good to hear from ya Matt. I'll be down there bright eyed and bushy tailed in 12 days. I can't wait! My orders will be here via FedEx tomorrow. Just hope I can get my fat a$$ pulled together enough to get passed the in-prt.

Status
Not open for further replies.