• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is my sitting height a problem?

AirAggie92

If I've measured correctly (and I have measured myself many times) I believe my sitting height is about 38.7 inches. What is the maximum sitting height? I can't seem to find this in any official article. Some of what I've found says that the maximum is 38.9, and other articles have said 40 or even some 41. I do seem to barely be okay according to what I've found but I need a definitive answer.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Your measurements won't even come close to how the Anthro ladies will measure you. Don't worry about it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Just the way they have you sit... lean against a wall, etc. By the time you get to API who knows. I can't remember if they measured in ROTC but you're gonna get measured a few more times. Nothing to add unnecessary stress on yourself and freak yourself out over.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Oh? How do they measure that's different?

Yeah, they have you sit in some odd positions, then they take three measurements and average them. If you get anthro'ed out of anything (it happens from time to time, and is happening to a buddy of mine who is completing API this week) they will remeasure you like crazy.

You should be fine, I've seen some big dudes who got shoe-horned into the little clown jet. Like it was said before, this is step 27 and you are at step 2. Shoot the alligators closest to the boat. Make sure you enjoy college and don't do anything really stupid!

AirAggie92

Yeah, they have you sit in some odd positions, then they take three measurements and average them. If you get anthro'ed out of anything (it happens from time to time, and is happening to a buddy of mine who is completing API this week) they will remeasure you like crazy.

You should be fine, I've seen some big dudes who got shoe-horned into the little clown jet. Like it was said before, this is step 27 and you are at step 2. Shoot the alligators closest to the boat. Make sure you enjoy college and don't do anything really stupid!

Thanks a bunch, I think I'll be fine just like you said =)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Is sitting height your problem?

No. The fact that you are starting college this fall and at least 4 years away from anthro stuff mattering (if you get a slot) is your problem.

#1 - Put the computer down.

#2 - Talk to girls in person not in a chat rooom (see #1)...your sitting height is not the anthro they care about.

#3 - Workout / play a sport / get out of the house (helps #2)

#4 - When school starts, hit the books (move this one up the list as needed...also helps with #2)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

No. The fact that you are starting college this fall and at least 4 years away from anthro stuff mattering (if you get a slot) is your problem.

#2 - Talk to girls in person not in a chat rooom (see #1)...your sitting height is not the anthro they care about.

#4 - When school starts, hit the books (move this one up the list as needed...also helps with #2)

Yeah, based on his profile interests, he really need to work on 1-3, post haste.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

295t2e.jpg
aggiegirlst.jpg

Good girls for Fly's #2 step... There are Aggie chicks that are hot. You just may have to search a bit for them.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Question: "Is my sitting height a problem?"
Answer: "Yes, if your sitting height is too tall."

Worry about other stuff for the time being, like how to pick up co-eds.

AirAggie92

Lawl you guys are funny. Here I am all worried about anthro stuff and you tell me to go meet girls.

But you all have a very good point. It'll be years before I have to worry about this and I probably have nothing to worry about anyway.

EDIT: And since we're on subject, unfortunately I'm at the Galveston campus right now, where as the more attractive women are at College Station, so hopefully I'll transfer there after a year.