• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it to late for a Flight Physical?

The_Pants

I'm in the process of completing my application for Marine OCC for January 2014. Currently, I handed in all my medical forms about two weeks ago: Dental Exams, Latest Physical, HIV Test, etc. I have already been to MEPS. I have not yet been scheduled for a Flight Physical. Therefore, my concern is that is it already to late to be able to submit my application before the Board of Marines in OCT in hopes of acquiring a slot for January 2014 OCC when I have not even taken my Flight Physical yet? Let's say I do get my Flight Physical within the next few weeks, is it still slim to none that it will be processed in time for the OCT Board of Marines? Thanks.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
When I applied for January '12 OCC, I was sent to NAMI July of '11 and had everything processed by the October board. As long as your OSO is on top of things and gets you scheduled soon, you may be fine.

The_Pants

That's what I suspected and what they're telling me is that the OSO is "checking out" so he's been out of the office, being debriefed, and the new OSO is checking in soon, so this is some sort of transition period. But I also had PRK done so maybe my medical forms are taking awhile b/c I need a waiver for the surgery.

How long does it usually take to get scheduled to head over to NAMI and processed?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Your question is likely best served by NavyOffRec (I think that's pretty close to his name)