• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is ASTB required for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenita Judge

I am applying for OCS. Is the ASTB required if I am not going for avaition? I am already in the Navy and am trying for Officer. Can anyone help?

version2point0

from what i understand it is. there is a score you get called the OAR. it means Officer Aptitude Rating. that determines whether you are officer material or not. (relatively)

good letters of rec help too.

-v2.0

dk2fenton

The ASTB is required for all OCS programs. If you are going for aviation you will need to take the entire test. Supply, CRYPTO, Oceano, PAO, SWO, SPECOPS & SPECWAR only require the OAR section. My advice is take the entire test.If you are going for an OIS program, JAG< Medical, Chaplain, then you don't need the test.

jaznups

umm if you're applying for CEC you don't have to take the ASTB. You just have to have a degree in engineering or architecture.

Jaz

dk2fenton

Originally posted by jaznups
umm if you're applying for CEC you don't have to take the ASTB. You just have to have a degree in engineering or architecture.

Jaz
Your right, Jaz. My mistaske. Your degree must be from an ABET acredited school and you have to have a 2.7 or above GPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.