• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRR it is !!!

STARFlight145

my buddy's IRR hardsip waiver was just approved, he's a SWO heading for Pearl Harbor. his argument was that he'd graduate and that no menial job would support his living expenses for the 4 months he'd be on IRR. i put mine in, still waiting to hear.

Deere1450

pilot
What is the criterion for the amount of time you are placed on IRR? A MIDN a my unit had 3 months, and I have also heard 12 months...

navyterp67

pilot
Recent Developments

Just got our IRR brief this morning along with "The List."

I (1390) will be on IRR until 1 OCT. I'm personally OK with this, and I knew this would probably happen. On the bright side, I don't have to be stashed at my unit in DC, and I get one more summer break! :icon_glas Finding a job for a few months shouldn't be too bad.

WRT my commissioning class, all of the aviators were chosen for IRR, but results will definitely vary with each school. The latest numbers we got were around 260-270 people total, comprised of around 30 SWOs, 10 nukes, and pretty much the rest 1390/70.

Some people were posting about the Hardship Waiver. As I understood it, they will grant these in only extreme cases, such as having dependents or large student loans to pay back.

STARFlight145

Our unit was briefed on "the list" this morning as well. I am 1390 and was fortunate enough to evade IRR, which is great for me because I have a pretty heavy loan from my first year at a different university.

Hope everyone else gets what they want/need, whether it be IRR or not.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
All of us pilots found out today we're all going on IRR...Myself and a buddy of mine are both on until 8/17, while the other 3 1390s are supposedly on IRR until mid-September...Like navyterp said, I was more or less expecting this, so I'm actually excited for a summer vacation of sorts. More time to get in shape and get better at swimming!

Studson

Our unit was briefed on "the list" this morning as well. I am 1390 and was fortunate enough to evade IRR, which is great for me because I have a pretty heavy loan from my first year at a different university.

Hope everyone else gets what they want/need, whether it be IRR or not.

Didn't get IRR either. Any idea what kind of time frame we can expect?

Th3HumbleMuffin

Blunt-force method
We got our list Tuesday morning as well. As a 1390 My date is 9 SEP. There was actually a SWO in my commissioning class who had a later report date than me (1OCT), definitely wasn't expecting to go to work sooner than SWOs. Also, important to note that all new Ensigns on IRR are eligible to PCS 4 weeks prior to your report date--meaning I'm eligible to get funding to move to Pensacola on 9 AUG. All in all, I'm happy with what I got; it lets me spend some good time with family and friends back home before the firehose gets turned on.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
just found out today that i was taken off the irr list. i was originally scheduled to come off it in mid-august, so i'm fairly happy

cameron172

pilot
We just had two senior SNA selects who expected to be on IRR for 3 and 4 months get called into the XOs office to hear that they are now graduating straight to active duty and are getting stashed here at the unit until they report. The Navy can't seem to make up their mind.

cameron172

pilot
Reviving this thread... Has anyone heard any new info about YG12 IRR other than the briefs we all were supposed to receive last March?