• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iraqi Airlines re-establishes domestic flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutVU

Flight 15 to Basra: Few Perks, but No Bombs. No Complaints.
By EDWARD WONG
Published: June 23, 2005

ABOARD FLIGHT 15, over southern Iraq - The smiling flight attendants strode down the aisle of the Boeing 727 in crisp green uniforms, handing out cold cans of Sprite and pieces of cake.

But it was more than just the food service, a throwback to another age of aviation, that brought a sense of relief to the passengers.

Just minutes earlier, the plane had leveled off after a steep corkscrew ascent from Baghdad International Airport. It was cruising now at 23,000 feet. In one piece.

No smoke trails from surface-to-air missiles, no rocket attacks, no mortar hits.

"The flight will be good, God willing," Awadees Razoiam, 55, an oil geologist, said as he bit into his cake.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/23/i...&en=fd500361b8aabca7&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Grant

"Because Baghdad is steeped in violence, they say, business people and tourists will want to fly into Basra instead."

Tourists? I dont think Iraq will ever be on my vacation wish list.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
absolutVU said:
No smoke trails from surface-to-air missiles, no rocket attacks, no mortar hits.
Yes, but strangely enough it still requires a 5 hour layover in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.