• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I realize I’ve never sat on the JCS but I’ve definitely heard about throwaway COAs. Hell, I even had an O-6 tell me to write one for a brief to SOCPAC.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
I realize I’ve never sat on the JCS but I’ve definitely heard about throwaway COAs. Hell, I even had an O-6 tell me to write one for a brief to SOCPAC.
Throwaway COAs happen all the time in the CSG staff. The admiral doesn't want your best COA, he wants 3 COAs and always 3 COAs, even if there are only 2 options.

Notanaviator

Contributor

Revisiting some conversation of appropriateness about how the CinC handled the Gallagher case, specifically the public way in which SEAL commander, CNO and CinC were offering completely different courses of action, here’s another good one. I call BS that it was a mistake (of course, that’s a boded guess)- it’s the result of the CinC making snap decisions without informing anyone. Is that his right and are those decisions/directives to be followed? Sure, if they’re legal. Is it an amateurish way to lead? In my opinion, also yes.

/ducks
/remembers he searched for and posted the story from Fox News so at least he won’t be accused of posting fake news.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
It's funny because one thing they say over and over again in the Staff Officers Course in Newport is "There's no such thing as a throwaway COA. Don't throw shit up there you don't actually recommend, since the commander could pick it."

Maxillarious

pilot
It's funny because one thing they say over and over again in the Staff Officers Course in Newport is "There's no such thing as a throwaway COA. Don't throw shit up there you don't actually recommend, since the commander could pick it."

"Sir, we have three possible COAs:

COA 1: Freeze his overseas assets.
COA 2: Hit him with a Reaper strike.
COA 3: A van full of clowns beats him to death with rubber dildos."

"The clowns. Let's do the clowns."

robav8r

None
Contributor
Apparently Iran is launching strikes against U.S. forces in Iraq, from Iran now . . . . .