• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IP Officer requirements

blarged

ready
He gets on people's nerves a lot at USNavyOCS too. He has the mindset of challenging the way things work (in hopes to make them better I assume) but a lot of the time comes across as being very stubborn, rude and disrespectful while waiving his credentials in everyone's faces.

Seems intelligent, just lacks certain online communication etiquette.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
There there now, you will be okay and I still thank you for posting

You need to stop being an asshole. You've already managed to piss off the regulars over at USNavyOCS, and now you've migrated over here and posted what are essentially the same shit-threads and condescending, thinly-veiled strings of insults. Remember that you're insulting officers in the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps, fucko.

Stop it. You're inhibiting my ability to read both this board and USNavyOCS and not have to fight the the urge to kill (which is rising).

Learn how to be respectful of the people on these boards. Unlike "normal" message boards, these people may one day potentially be your peers and/or superiors, and it's a small Navy - people will remember stuff like this.

P.S. Stop fixating on technical certifications. Unless you have a CCIE and can write your own paycheck at the end of the month because of it, nobody gives two shits about certs.

OP: THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS "NO", YOU DO NOT NEED CALCULUS-BASED PHYSICS TO SUBMIT AN IP (160X) APPLICATION

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
KBayDog said:
Nah, he's done here.

However, he's currently online at NavyOCS.com. Mr. Anonymous is their problem now.

:D na na na na... na na na na... hey hey hey, GOODBYE!!!

That's why I like AW... this guy pisses people off everywhere he goes. Too bad he isn't banned elsewhere (usnavyocs.com)! Just glad he's gone from here!

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
That could be anyone. Anyone could use that name. Anyone could have a pic of anyone. He's smarter than all of us. All your username are belong to us.

The iPhone isn't all that conducive to adding comments, but it added the rep points all the same. Definitely funny... :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Is there such a thing as the "private internet"? Sort of the definition of the internet....

People just don't get that AW is NOT ANONYMOUS and if you try to be, we're going to find you and shame you mercilessly.

"Hi, I just got here, but let me tell you how you guys are AFU!"

"Oh, by the way, can you help me?"

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
"Hi, I just got here, but let me tell you how you guys are AFU!"

"Oh, by the way, can you help me?"

Close, but not quite what he said...it was more along the lines of:

"All of you WILL help me so that my magnificent skills *waves credentials* are not misused by the Navy, which has been praying for someone like me since IW was created."

;)

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Close, but not quite what he said...it was more along the lines of:

"All of you WILL help me so that my magnificent skills *waves credentials* are not misused by the Navy, which has been praying for someone like me since IW was created."

;)

Funnily enough, after reading his biography on his blog, there's a pretty big discrepancy between his actually credentials and technical knowledge, and his interests.

phrogpilot73

Funnily enough, after reading his biography on his blog, there's a pretty big discrepancy between his actually credentials and technical knowledge, and his interests.
After reading some of his posts on usnavyocs.com, I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's trying to argue with officers about what officers need to do with respect to professional education. I don't think he's joining because of a desire to serve the country or lead sailors, I think he's joining to get his certifications paid for by someone else.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
After reading some of his posts on usnavyocs.com, I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's trying to argue with officers about what officers need to do with respect to professional education. I don't think he's joining because of a desire to serve the country or lead sailors, I think he's joining to get his certifications paid for by someone else.

Yea, I knew he was a blowhard before I ever even read his bio on his blog because nobody who knows anything with respect to the IT industry thinks that certifications are of equal worth as experience (on top of a degree). They certainly help, but until you get into the kind of certifications that cost tens of thousands of dollars at the senior levels (like CCIE where they expect that you've had at least a decade+ of experience before even considering tackling it) they're nothing more than complementary on a resume.

It's one thing if a guy runs his mouth, but actually knows what he's talking about. But to run your mouth and just be spouting garbage really chafes my nuts, so much so that this guy actually brought me out of my quasi-lurking/hibernation state because I read his shit on USNavyOCS, and then came over here and read even stupider shit.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I love how my favorite threads on AWs have become threads where people just PILE on the shit-fest. Am I becoming bitter in my young age??

"Your tears SUSTAIN ME!"