• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intruder & Prowler - Mishaps [History]

Joe Kaposi

As do I. Mike has a hobby and wants to pursue it. I can't begrudge him that.

Frankly to me it's kinda insulting that friends of mine that gave their lives in training mishaps or non-combat cruise mishaps are gone and forgotten. Go try and find the crew of a Prowler loss on any kind of official website and good luck. Great Americans like Dave Roberts, Chuck Gurley, Kevin Leslie or Jeff Mines (A-6) lost their lives in the service of their country and if it takes someone like Mike to remind folks there were live butts attached to those seats so be it.

Yes, I wish his site was a little more organized and neatened up and there's some errors there in nomenclature but don't try to compare my hobby projects to a pro's either.

Just my 2 cents.
Well said, i collect carrier mishap films as a hobby, i get a fair bit of grief over it from some guys, but when i pass on a PLAT clip to an old vet who never thought about getting his own ejection or barricade trap PLAT, they are always appreciative and can't believe its an Aussie they got it from. And yes, official records rarely mention a mishap, only the rosy stuff.

Joe Kaposi

Your 15 Feb 91 A6 ejection with J. Williams as pilot description is not accurate. 'Mac' Williams is my daughter's godfather and he did not crash into the carrier. He lost all brakes taxiing out of the wires and the plane veered to the left. They ejected before it went over the side. Mac broke his leg landing on the carrier deck.
I have the PLAT film for that ejection, sadly its not very good quality and i've lost the audio from it. If Mac has a nice clear copy i'd be very interested in organizing a trade.