• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interservice Transfer (from USN to USMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahuna

ALL,
Does anyone know about interservice transfers from USN to USMC? Is this a possibility at this time? I've read SECNAVINST 1000.7E but it seems to focus on USN/USMC to other services. Thanks

-KAHUNA

PS- I posted this under an OCS topic but wanted to make sure it got seen (the thread was about a month old)

airwinger

pilot
Hmm, this may be total hearsay, but I think I remember hearing that to transfer you have to go through TBS(or else you're not a fully qualified Marine Officer are you) which if you're a LT(Navy) with some time in service would REALLY suck. It's actually easier to shift from USMC elsewhere(I know a guy in flight school right now who was a USMC captain and is now a Navy Lt.) since all you do is put on the uniform, "Ano domini" and presto you're in the Navy.
semper fi,
airwinger

Brodie143

Either go to the bupes web page or use this link:

https://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/upd_CD/BUPERS/MILPERS/Articles/1300-080.pdf

That will get you started. As to if they take anyone, call Pers-801G and ask.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I know of two officers who did it right after they finished flight school. Winging to TBS to the FRS.

Phrogs phorever

Status
Not open for further replies.