• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting book for noobs

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally a good idea to put the name of the book in the thread.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Jay Stout was the same guy who wrote "Hornets Over Kuwait" (as well as a contributor to Proceedings). HOK was a good read.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If that's his new book, he was bumming around Kingsville and El Centro (for a det) and interviewing some of the studs about a year ago. He followed a couple of my buddies around for stories and got several backseat rides.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just bought it for my parents/grandparents for christmas. Read good basic and up-to-date overview of the different pipelines. More stuff involving jets, but I think he's treating Phase I and II of the TS syllabus as two different sections.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Here is an image of the book...

0760321639.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

At first glance, I thought the byline at the bottom read, "I'm a Stud."

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Good book... looked through it today at Borders and found a picture posted on the site not long ago regarding Oakley sunglasses. I forget who put it up (one of the main contributors, if I recall), but all 3 guys on the LSO platform facing the camera have some sort of Oakleys on... just found it amusing. Maybe one of you is now famous outside of the famed airwarriors community. An icon, if you will, to all wannabe Naval aviators... If only we all should be so fortunate-
SD

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Bought the book 2 weeks ago. I'm not yet an SNA but having read Airwarriors:the making of a navy pilot, I can definitely see a lot of more updated materials. I've been lurking on this forum for awhile,so as I go thru the book, I find alot of what he says in the book to correspond with what I've been reading on here. Definitely an interesting read and nice pics.