• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interest on a travel claim

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Imagine how slow the interest claim will work through the system....

Get hot on your claim and get it fixed. The squeaky wheel gets the oil...in most cases.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I have a similar question along these lines. I PCS'd from San Diego to Pensacola in March and was told that since I have follow on orders to Whiting I can't submit my travel claim until after I finally get to Whiting which could be a really long time. I'm still receiving San Diego BAH and to complicate things, for some strange reason, I all of a sudden starting receiving flight pay back dated to last October when I redesignated. I've been putting these overpayments into a savings account because I know I'll wind up giving it back. I talked to PSD over a month ago and no action has been taken. Any ideas on how I should proceed. The last thing I want is to wind up with some type of penalty. Any ideas?

There is a way to do a partial, but good luck getting a PSD to figure it out. Your best bet at this point would probably be to try and get an "advance" on your travel pay. Again good luck getting PSD to figure out how to do their job. As far as the BAH, if you are TDY enroute on a PCS then you are entitled to housing pay from your old duty station, or your new one. In this instance San Diego BAH is higher so stay with that. If you show Pensacola as an actual PCS, then they need to adjust your pay to reflect Pensacola.

All the rules are kinda tricky and it's sad that the system is soo freakin archaic and f'ed up. Of course it doesn't help that these people don't even know their own job or the rules that they are supposed to work by. Honestly your best bet is to download the JFTR and make note of (or better yet print out) the sections that pertain to your situation and bring those in to PSD. If the person handling you at the time doesn't want to put forth the effort to help you, then insist on going up the chain. The Navy and more specifically PSD or any Admin services lost their sense of customer service a long, long time ago!

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
Besides being familar with what you are entitled to, make sure you keep photocopies of any paperwork submitted to PSD for travel claims, etc.

As I learned on my last PCS, PSD has a nasty habit of 'losing' paperwork and making you resubmit things and start all over. Since, I was able to produce copies of my original paperwork after PSD misplaced mine it helped get my travel claim completed. Ohh and don't be afraid of using your chain of command for help. Just be sure to show initiative on your part for trying to get your paperwork done, but sometimes it takes an upset O-5 from your squadron to call PSD and 'help' your travel claim through the system.

mountainman

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know about still being entitled to the BAH rate of your old duty station while TDY enroute. Good info:)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the replies. I didn't know about still being entitled to the BAH rate of your old duty station while TDY enroute. Good info:)

If you're in A-Pool/API, CPC might be able to help you on the pay/entitlements side of the house. Not for travel/moving, thats a different office. The PO1 in there was pretty helpful for my situation (BAH jacked up). YMMV