• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interest in aircraft/military-themed bottle openers?

Planeform

pilot
Hey guys,

The wife and I recently started a small metal fabrication business on the side. We have been making CNC-cut metal art and started making pretty slick aircraft-shaped bottle openers as well. I thought I might show you guys/gals what we are up to and see what you all think...

Impetus for the idea stems from having virtually no cool COD stuff/novelties out there, so I just started doing it myself and using my background in metal fabrication to produce a quality product! I think aviation guys or really any enthusiast would appreciate the detail we get into every design. We even make stuff for the boat guys.

I'm constantly adding new designs and am willing to make any feasible request. All the design/fabrication/finishing is done by us, save powdercoating. Please check out our site and feel free to message me with any questions or requests! www.planeform.com

-Gavin

BTW, cleared this with the webmaster/admins prior to posting (thanks for allowing me to post our stuff!)

Pics:

IMG_20151203_222329_zps4hnfn3uo.jpg

IMG_20151128_225415_zpsalk3eozu.jpg

IMG_20151120_140518_zpsdyddbcqg.jpg

IMG_20151117_223227_zps2ogx5kyf.jpg

1448497258022_zpswr2nz6mg.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool pix - especially of the cutting w/ sparks. What kind of cutting machine is that? Do you own it, or farm that part of the work out?

Planeform

pilot
Cool pix - especially of the cutting w/ sparks. What kind of cutting machine is that? Do you own it, or farm that part of the work out?

Brett, the machine is a Hypertherm plasma torch fitted to a CNC gantry on a custom table that I built. The Mrs and I do all the work (design, cutting, welding, finishing) in our shop except for powdercoating. I even go through the effort of making sure the steel I purchase is made in the USA as well.

Planeform

pilot
C-12 and P-8 bottle openers??

View attachment 15431

This is going in favorites, I'll probably wind up buying a few. Any plans to make a T-34 one?

T34 is definitely coming soon. P8 is on the site and the C12 I have designed but not listed as it is pretty huge...I recommend the MC12 style/side view. PM me if you are serious about the C12.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
You, sir, have married well.
Anything for the helo bubbas?
R/
MH-60R, S, H-1, and H-53 are on his site.

My question is, have you tried any top-down views of the helos, rather than the lateral views?

Planeform

pilot
MH-60R, S, H-1, and H-53 are on his site.

My question is, have you tried any top-down views of the helos, rather than the lateral views?

Thanks for answering the previous post. Short answer to your question, yes. They are material hogs are significantly more wasteful of the metal sheet that the aircraft are for h same view so I'm sticking to the side-view for now. I have a run of about 20-25 stainless steel 60's I made top-down and will be posting them on the site as a limited production special...Will have that up in a day or two!