• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Instrument Rating Prior to Primary

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
All joking aside though, the beers and girls can wait for me. I spent my first two years of college focusing on that and that only in a fraternity, and asides from the several 'hickups' on my record now from it and the extra 300 facebook friends :)$) , it left me with a low GPA to work with when I transferred schools. As stated earlier, there are going to be type-A personalities and over-achievers I'll be put up against during every phase of Naval Selection from now until I get winged, but I'm going to prove, at the very least to myself, that I am the one that wants it the most, and is willing to work the hardest.

Not trying to sound cheasy, but it helps me sometimes to remind myself of what I'm here to accomplish.

MasterBates

Don't blame your fraternity for your shit grades. I was in a fraternity and pulled a 3.87 in Mechanical Engineering while maintaining a BAC >.12 for most of the semester.

Suck less. A private-instrument isn't going to change you by giving you a false sense of not sucking.

You will have to unlearn most of what you learned.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

ryan1234

I was in a fraternity and pulled a 3.87 in Mechanical Engineering while maintaining a BAC >.12 for most of the semester.

:icon_long That's probably the most impressive thing I've seen on this forum.

Did you have a bunch of chick teachers you were banging or something?

pharaelga

Constantly lost in the sauce....
All joking aside though, the beers and girls can wait for me. I spent my first two years of college focusing on that and that only in a fraternity, and asides from the several 'hickups' on my record now from it and the extra 300 facebook friends :)$) , it left me with a low GPA to work with when I transferred schools. As stated earlier, there are going to be type-A personalities and over-achievers I'll be put up against during every phase of Naval Selection from now until I get winged, but I'm going to prove, at the very least to myself, that I am the one that wants it the most, and is willing to work the hardest.

Not trying to sound cheasy, but it helps me sometimes to remind myself of what I'm here to accomplish.

lol it does a bit.... dont be a TOOL and just dont go up to your instructor and state "Make me the best pilot" we've had a kid do that already at IFS and kind of alienated himself as that "guy"... do what ever you can to help those around you if you are doing well... I feel this would probably apply to primary as well but won't speak on it because I'm not there yet....

MasterBates

:icon_long That's probably the most impressive thing I've seen on this forum.

Did you have a bunch of chick teachers you were banging or something?

Did I look like I was bangin hot teachers in college?

197725_1898993601587_1444054729_32219611_4061060_n.jpg

No. I was making alcoholic drinks out of coconuts.

I had a 4 beer (stein, so about 8 beers) minimum to work on my thesis. And that's if I was cranking up the test engines.

MasterBates

I'm totaly serious too. I have this drunken zen shit with designing stuff or figuring out design problems. When I was an engineer, I had beer on tap in my cube. I produced results, and the managers just steered the customers away from me.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Don't blame your fraternity for your shit grades. I was in a fraternity and pulled a 3.87 in Mechanical Engineering while maintaining a BAC >.12 for most of the semester.

Suck less. A private-instrument isn't going to change you by giving you a false sense of not sucking.

You will have to unlearn most of what you learned.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

I was not blaming my fraternity for my grades, I merely said that because of where my focus was I didn't place enough importance on my grades. Some of the best memories I've had in college were with my fraternity bros, but now its time that I get my shit together; thats it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
To the OP: ^^ I think this is the point. The guys with prior time I saw seemed to get better grades when the standard was lower in early blocks of phases and sims. The average student starts off bad at stuff and gets better. The syllabus was designed to teach a rock like me to fly from no experience. By the end, everyone meets or exceeds the standards set forth by CNATRA. Some just do it earlier and their grades reflect it.

Being a former primary IP, the above is mostly true. I've always said, there are those who have it and those who don't. If they have it, those students will learn and excel in the end. Those who don't have it, won't, regardless of what ratings he or she has prior to primary. For example, I remembering flying an out and in with a stud who had 450 hours or so, an instrument rating and was just not good. This was a later stage RI as well. I remember he went helo's as his NSS was well below a 50. Not counting the prior NFO's, the best studs I flew with (top 5 off hand) did not have anything but IFS under their belt. They learned quickly and executed the manuevers well, had solid BAW and SA. They had the it factor. Now, if someone has the it factor and has prior experience, they will do even better. A good friend had 2000 hours or so before primary, ended up with an 80 NSS, a 70+ NSS out of advanced in Kingsville and of course has been flying Hornets for years.

I agree with others, college should be spent drinking, partying and getting laid. Then again, I did that in flight school too :icon_smil

Yankee Uniform Tango
I'm totaly serious too. I have this drunken zen shit with designing stuff or figuring out design problems. When I was an engineer, I had beer on tap in my cube. I produced results, and the managers just steered the customers away from me.

That's called the Ballmer Peak.

2007-09-30_223017.png

You can replace "programming" with any intellectual venture.

http://xkcd.com/323/

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Did I look like I was bangin hot teachers in college?

197725_1898993601587_1444054729_32219611_4061060_n.jpg

No. I was making alcoholic drinks out of coconuts.

I had a 4 beer (stein, so about 8 beers) minimum to work on my thesis. And that's if I was cranking up the test engines.

All I think when I look at this picture is "GODDAMN, we are getting old."

phrogpilot73

Not everyone is retardo smart like you...

Me and a buddy made a pact that we'd be drunk our entire firstie year at USNA. That lasted until our six week grades came out.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Sadly, sim time for profsits are not always available. The schedule was full up when I was going through RIs. What's that adage? Timing is everything?

WTF is a profsit? I would just show up to the sim building around 1400 and sign up for an open sim slot when the sked was posted. Worked out pretty well for me.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Maybe you could come back and fix the King Kat- it sits all by it's lonesome. Word is that it's broken. I hope it is- otherwise there is no excuse as to why it wasn't used during the last winging party.