• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

instrument checkride

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

Remember my MOTTO for the week Ghost??

Runnimg is mental...it's all in the head. Just tell yourself you can sprint the damn thing, and run untill your legs fall off. Trust me, stay motivated and positive and believe in yourself. If you do all of those and as Hartman says listen to the "Rocky" soundtrack you'll finish under 8 min. Good luck man.

GO DAWGS!!

ghost_ttu

That was good info Michael.....Goose, Party at Ghost's is DEFINATELY tentative for Sat. IF I pass on Sat. I will be drunk all afternoon and all evening Sat. If I DON'T pass, I'm punishing myself by running again Sat. night.

JTP: I figured that out last night, turns out I can sprint the last 200 meters of the 5th and 6th lap and not die. So I think that is going to be my strategy, I'm going to run my normal pace and then I'm going to go into complete sprint for the last 200 meters of lap 5 and then go back to a brisk jog (cause it takes another 100 meters to get from a sprint back down to my normal jog, and then sprint the last 200 meters of lap 6. That should get me under the time safely.

kent1644

Another thing you can do with an NDB that is pretty cool and will have examiners wondering how in the hell you did it is this. When doing partial panel with a failed vacume. Both your DG and Attitude indicator are out, the examiner wants you to make a 180 degree turn from a 360 heading to a 180 heading. All you have to do is tune in an NDB in the area and the needle will point at it. If he wants you to roll out at 180 watch your NDB needle and when it falls 180 degrees roll out and you will be on heading perfect. Forget the 1 minute timing shit.

Goose

SNA Meridian
Thats a pretty slick idea...can't believe more people don't teach that in instrument training. Everyone tries to make things more complicated than they need to be. I was lucky on my instrument ride, the plane I was flying had an RMI with the card slaved to the mag compass!!
The NDB also works as a strike finder! It will point toward the lightning strikes...hopefully you are never that close.
Gosoe

kent1644

Also when doing a partial panel approach of any kind it really makes things easy, because all you have to do is turn the compass card on the NDB to your heading, and make sure that your heading is aligned with the head of the needle on the NDB, and if Approach wants you for example to turn from a heading of 240 to 060 all you have to do is look at the NDB needle and when the head hit 060 you are on it with out having to even think about looking at your magnetic compass, it really makes things a lot easier.

Valion310

You must be a Metro student huh?
icon_smile_wink.gif

Originally posted by Goose
I can't even spell my own name!!
GOOSE
hokkEd on phOnix wErKD fOur ME

Ray

Hey. When you do partial panel in the T-34 and you are doing timed turns or trying to stay on the same heading, just look at the NACWS. Your heading is on the top and failing the gyro does nothing to it. Also, in RI's some instructors will dial in the waypoint for your point-to-points. Then you can see the heading to it on the GPS. But you didn't hear any of this from me.

Honk if you demand satisfaction.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ray's advice is KEY! Just one thing...don't be stupid and roll out right on the heading you want. Be a couple of degrees off. Otherwise the IP catches on.

Status
Not open for further replies.