• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Inglorious Basterds

dsevo

Just got back from seeing the Basterds. There were some lines that I think will become well known in pop culture. Very entertaining movie. I personally thought Brad Pitt was great. He's been playing some very entertaining roles lately.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I actually loved it...

Sure it was pretty disturbing that I found myself laughing at some of the violent parts, but I don't think that's what was funny. It was the dialog, music, and other factors that made it funny. I think it was great.

btdunn

I agree with JT, the basterd's dialog and the breaks from a typical war narrative made this moive worth my ten bucks!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I just believe modern society is getting inured to some pretty horrific stuff, and I'm not convinced that it doesn't have an effect on how we think, the people we vote into office, the laws we pass, and how we interact with the rest of the world. Not even to get into the moral implications. Keeping in mind that those of us here are going to be most likely to be the ones sent by said people and politicians to go do the real thing.

Yeah, I'll take "Modern Society's" penchant for being inured to satirized violence, over the last 5000 years of recorded history, where people were inurred to actually carrying out the violence...

Also Inglourious Basterds was awesome if only for the fact that never before have I hoped that a Nazi would hook up with a French Chick...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Yeah, I'll take "Modern Society's" penchant for being inured to satirized violence, over the last 5000 years of recorded history, where people were inurred to actually carrying out the violence...

Also Inglourious Basterds was awesome if only for the fact that never before have I hoped that a Nazi would hook up with a French Chick...

That girl was seriously hot. I got pissed thinking the kraut sniperboy was gonna rape her though.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
That girl was seriously hot. I got pissed thinking the kraut sniperboy was gonna rape her though.

Were we supposed to like him?

It wasn't retarded, so I guess I kinda liked it more than I thought I would. I dunno...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Were we supposed to like him?

It wasn't retarded, so I guess I kinda liked it more than I thought I would. I dunno...
I was hoping that she would turn him and then there would be a blackhawk down sniper holdout situation where he would sacrifice himself for her...

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I just believe modern society is getting inured to some pretty horrific stuff, and I'm not convinced that it doesn't have an effect on how we think, the people we vote into office, the laws we pass, and how we interact with the rest of the world.

I'll agree with you when we have gladiators fighting to the death like the Romans.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
GREAT movie! Over the top? Put a dress on, and swish around for us a little bit. But seriously... it's just a movie. Just like GTA doesn't make kids shoot up schools, watching a little raw gore isn't going to do lasting damage. Guess what.. when you threaten a dude with a bat and see him black and blue in the next scene, it isn't as realistic as watching his skull crush under the blows. They were Nazi shitheads anyway. F em.

I particularly like Tarantino for all those scenes where they claim mercy is coming, and then the shithead gets three rounds in the chest. EVERY OTHER movie, there is always mercy, when they don't deserve it. Tarantino is always brutal. Good stuff. If only history were as beautiful as this movie.