• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

information about the BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
I have been talking to the officer recruiter about pursuing the BDCP and I was just wondering if anyone here could give me some tips on what to do to be more competitive. I have a 3.0 GPA but im double majoring in mechanical and aerospace engineering and work full time and go to school full time. Also I have recommendations from a Naval Academy blue and gold officer and a retired marine major. Also in the PFT I ran 9:50 and did 86 pushups and 79 situps. Do you think that I have a chance of getting accepted and if not what can I do to make myself more competitive?

navsup

BDCP Supply
I would say except for gpa you are very competitive. but even a 3.o isnt too bad. what are you applying for? sna?

TBag463

I was accepted into the BDCP for a pilot slot in late October for 2005. Your PRT scores are all good, but your GPA is kinda low. They want at least a 3.5, but GPA isn't everything. Study hard for your aptitude tests, because those carry weight as well. Good luck.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
will it be easier to get accepted with the lower GPA if i chose a field other than aviation? Also will my work schedule help counter my lower GPA?

navsup

BDCP Supply
I know supply isn't as competitive as aviation but you have to maintain a 2.7 minimum each semester or they kick you out of bdcp and you go to enlisted boot camp. So a 3.0 might be a tough sell. Have you taken the test to get your OAR score?

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
No i go next month to take the test I wont have enough hours until end of spring semester. I talked to my recruiter about my GPA and he said that since i work full time and take 16 hours a semester in a technical major that they may accept the 3.0 thinking that it will go up due to more study time after the program starts(from not having to work). Does this sound like he is just blowing steam up my a$$ of does it sound like a logical assumption?

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
sorry to change the subject for a short time, but if i get an associate's degree, do i have a higher chance of receiving the scholarship? i am trying to earn an associate's in chemistry (yes, a technical major) because i want to get into USUH (sp?). i remember reading a post while back about a member that has an associate's, but the navy wouldn't give him BDCP because they want him to go to a 4-yr university to see how well he does in the environment. i was wondering if that was the same case for a technical major.

jrklr

I'm a mechanical engineering major, (BDCP accepted), and if they have any idea how hard not one but two engineering degrees are then you should be okay with a 3.0. Mine was above a 3.0 when I was accepted, but thats not saying much, 2.7 is the min., I say go for it

TBag463

Sorry for the delay Ander37. Been busy. Put my findocs in mid-July and got word of my selection mid-October. Where are you at in the process? Good luck.

ander37

K-rock
I just put in my first package. I am waiting to hear for the first step, the Pro-Rec. I have no idea when the board meets, but I was told by my recruiter to expect word between now and mid Jan.

austinfalnes

it seems like most BDCP students here, are SNA....I'm applying BDCP as Intel/swo/crpyto....got rejected for BDCP on SWO, still waiting on the others....

any other BDCP ites out there who AREN"T SNA....

I'm coming up on waiting 4 weeks now...1 designator down, 2 to go.

PS.. my recruiter said "the board says you weren't recommended for BDCP with SWO, but that you should reapply directly" does anytone interpret that to mean they think my application would be strong enough before the regular SWO board?

JayManC

enishi, yeah i had an A.S. when i originally applied, and my application was more or less deferred a semester so that i could report my first semester grades while at ODU. the feedback that I got back was more or less that community college and a 4 yr 'aren't the same'. they basically want to establish that whatever GPA you had for your AS will be generalizable and will extend for your B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.