• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Infantry Nicknames

donnyglaze

So, today at the last TBS brief on the last test the Major there was a track guy. He said the a nickname for the infantry guys is "Crunchy" because they go crunch under his AAV. Got any other nicknames for infantry guys?

GroundPounder

We called them " dirty nasty legs " :icon_mi_1

Or " dopes on a rope " if they were air assult. Only an Army thing if I'm not wrong.

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
We called them " dirty nasty legs " :icon_mi_1

Or " dopes on a rope " if they were air assult. Only an Army thing if I'm not wrong.

Your correct only an army thing

I was getting in a little dig because I think jump school is no longer an option for newly minted 01's.

Not like "back in the day" I think almost any marine option middie who wanted to go could

GroundPounder

Your correct only an army thing

I was getting in a little dig because I think jump school is no longer an option for newly minted 01's.

Not like "back in the day" I think almost any marine option middie who wanted to go could

I left Ft. Benning in 90, and there always seemed to be a decent supply of Marines going through Airborne school, with a trickle going to Ranger school. Ft. Rucker almost never had any Marines at Air Assault.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I left Ft. Benning in 90...
I did my "5" in '67 ... we were often referred to as "5 Jump Chump(s)" ... :D

My Dad was career Army ... a Lifer ... he referred to Grunts as "Legs", "Dirty Legs", and "Dirty Fuckin' Legs" ... :)

Most of the Grunts in my "formative" years were referred to as "Joe's" as well ... you can imagine my surprise and delight when we were referred to as "Joe's" in the P.I. ...

While I'm on the Army kick ... "Dogs", "Doggies", "Dog-Face", "Dicks" and so forth ...

And "NAVY" in USArmy parlance = Never Again Volunteer Yourself ...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
While I'm on the Army kick ... "Dogs", "Doggies", "Dog-Face", "Dicks" and so forth ...

I've seen "Dog-Face" used by the Army 3ID (34d Infantry Divsion, aka Marne Division, their soldiers call out "Rock of the Marne" as they render salutes, etc...). It's part of their heritage and their mascot is a bulldog. (Nothing wrong them using the bulldog if you ask me, as long as everybody understands the Marines are about 140 years older.)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Some I've heard:
JEW's: Junior Enlisted Warriors
03 Do Everything
Ass (As in "Hey Ass I know we wear our cover outdoors")