• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Indian/American Fighter training

Status
Not open for further replies.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
It may be similar but antennas have to be redesigned from plane to plane due to the change in the aircrafts geometry.

zuggerat

did anyone notice what the article said about the numbers of planes involved, 4 F-15C's vs. 10 - 12 other IAF aircraft...do we get points for being grossly out numbered?

goldwingdreams

Nah. Those odds are are way better than what we expected in a Ruskie first strike in Europe. I think we were war gaming based on 6 to 1 odds or greater. Some old salt correct me if I'm wrong.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
shoo24 said:
I totally disagree with the quote about how the A/F can only recuit average people to fly their fighters. The A/F fighter community is no joke, and there are some very very intelligent and competent people in that community. That line in the previous post sounds like a little bit of home field arrogance on behalf of the writer, who I assume to be Indian.

This doesn't look like an article from a major Indian media outlet (along the lines of a CNN or BBC) so the presence of such silly and biased statements doesn't surprise me.

zuggerat

check-you-six, you have any idea how our fighters held up to those odds in the ops, i'd imagine fairly well

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
I don't see anything in here about AWACs, Hawkeyes, or the other the supporting elements that make up our entire package. I do know that the F-22 in particular is under scrutiny as Congress looks for places to cut in DoD to pay for Operation Iraqi Freedom.......... Coincidence??????

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
If you've been following the tanker scandal between the Air Force and Boeing, anything is plausible..... especially when a multi-billion dollar program is on the line.

zilber

pilot
Who knows, don't forget that it was the Air Force flying. I am sure that if you put some Navy and Marine pilots against the Indians, things would have turned out different :)

Status
Not open for further replies.