• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

in-prt requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaerose

You can't touch your toes? Do you have long legs/short arms? Hmmmm...take a yoga class.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
oh nonononono, hell no, hahahaha. i was trying to say "you will fail the prt's if you can't touch your toes."

i can reach the ground with my palms, thanx to hapkido from 8 years ago :)

dhafeman

Hey I read in my little OCS guide that you have to pass a 3rd class swim which includes jumping in water from 50 ft and remaining afloat for 5 minutes. Is that as easy as it sounds (just treading water for 5 minutes) or do you have to use that 'dead float' technique I've seen mentioned on here before?

gin_e

the jumping is easy unless you are afraid of heights, just make sure you blow out through your nose on impact and keep your legs together. the treading water could be very difficult if they make you hold your arms up the whole time! you might want to look into the eggbeater kick they use in water polo that holds you up without your arms. but i suspect they might teach us some of those techiques.

ginny

dfflynn

It is 15 feet that you jump from. the tread and float are both done and the will teach you the technique that you must use during the tread and float. Speaking from recent expirance it is not difficult if you are comfortable in the water and with swimming. The only people that have problems with this are those that are bad swimmers. Oh, and as for the jump off the platform there is a proceedure for doing that correctly as well and you will be very safe during the whole evolution.

JGalus

Gang,

As of a few months ago, you had to have these numbers for the in PFA

20-24(Male)
SU- 46
PU- 37
1.5 Run- 13:30

20-24(Female)
SU- 46
PU- 16
1.5 Run- 15:30

25-29(Male)
SU- 43
PU- 34
1.5 Run- 14:00

25-29(Female)
SU- 43
PU- 13
1.5 Run- 16:08

As for the sit and reach, if you have a problem touching your toes a CandiO will just probably tell you to strench at night and leave it at that. The sit and reach isn't a show stopper. But if you can't pass the in-PFA in any category, you will spend at least two weeks in GTX which will be the longest two weeks of your life. For the out these numbers

20-24(Male)
SU- 87
PU- 71
1.5 Run- 10:30

20-24(Female)
SU- 87
PU- 39
1.5 Run- 13:15

25-29(Male)
SU- 84
PU- 67
1.5 Run- 10:52

25-29(Female)
SU- 84
PU- 37
1.5 Run- 13:23

are correct from when I went through, but you need to show steady improvement or your class team, mainly your class drill instructor can drop you from training.

As for the swim, just make sure you can swim with your head underwater and they will teach you everything else. If you can't swim like 50 feet with your head underwater, once again you will be off to GTX.

I hope this info helps.

Jamie

Dupe

My API class did cannon balls after we completed our "jump and swim underwater" evolution. You'd be surprised what they'll let ya do if you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.